Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I Finally got some new Furniture!

Today I went to Ikea and bought a new bookcase for my room.  After I arranged all of my schoolwork into binders I realized that I didn't have the shelving for the binders, plus the one tiny case that I had for my books proved insufficient.  I've looked at solutions to my book storage problem for a while and today I purchased myu newest piece of bedroom furniture.  Here it is:
Simple yet functional.  I'm happy with it, and I love the medium brown shade for the wood.  Once I start bringing in money I'll likely add a bed and a wardrobe to compliment the medium brown book case.  I'm looking for something small and functional.  Here it is, it's called the Engan and it's from Ikea:


I don't have a ton of stuff to hang up so I figured this wardrobe would do the trick.  I love the mirror on the door because it saves space.  By the way, if you're reading this post and you have any opinions about my choices please chime in.  The last element that I want to add to my bedroom is a new bed.  Well, I really want to get a new memory foam mattress as well, but all in do time.  A mattress is one thing that I don't mind spending good money on.  I figure we sleep for a third of our lives, so I may as well sleep on something that's really comfortable.  I'm a really light sleeper and I think it's largely due to my soft mattress.  I've gotten numerous complaints about it from people who have spent the night in my bed.  Anyway, first a bed frame because I currently do not even have one of those.  That's right, I just sleep with my box spring on the floor.  I used to think it was cool and now I just want a real bed.  It's funny how I've become such an old man.  Do you see how I excited I am about furniture? I'm crazy, I know this.  Here's the bed:

Off to do Chest and Back.  Last time I tried this workout I got sick, so hopefully I'll make it through this time.  I've been going crazy with no work to do, but the one nice thing is that I have the time to workout daily.  It's always important to find the positive aspects of any situation. 

2 comments:

  1. IKEA is going to love you when you move into a new apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably, but I'm starting to doubt their quality. I think I'd rather just spend a little more on stuff that will last longer.

    ReplyDelete