Last week I began watching The American starring George Clooney on a whim, and it turned out to be a pretty solid movie. It's funny because I also tried to go see The Descendants which also stars Mr. Clooney, but it was nearly sold out so I didn't bother squeezing my way into the front row of a crowded theater, and possibly not even sitting with my female counterpart. It's almost like I needed my George Clooney fix, and since I couldn't get it at the movie theater I went ahead and watched The American to make up for it. I'm not obsessed, I promise; however, my recent Clooney conundrum has made me realize that he's one of my favorite actors. He just doesn't make a bad movie, and on top of that he's just the man. The guy can get whatever girl he wants, lives on Lake Como, Italy which is renowned as one of the most beautiful places in the world, and he opposes social media which I personally happen to admire (Kind of contradictory being that I have a blog and a facebook, but I refuse to get a Twitter). Anyway, back to my review.
The American chronicles an American man in Europe (Italy I believe. What a stretch for George...) who happens to be a high end gun dealer. The movie depicts the intricacies that go into one of his transactions and provides plenty of twists and interesting events along the way. And of course George has an attractive female love interest which is always nice on the eyes. The film is well written, acted, and suspenseful. I think the characters and setting were well chosen, and the cinematography is also well done. If you're a fan of George's previous works or if you enjoy somewhat suspenseful action movies, I highly recommend The American. Hopefully I'll get to see The Descendants sometime soon to see if George continues his on screen dominance.
Here's the trailer for The American:
And here's the trailer for The Descendants:
Weren't you the one who went to see The Descendants and said it was terrible? Or maybe that was MA. Either way it was written the guy who play Dean Pelton in Community which you should check out on Netflix if you get some free time one day.
ReplyDeleteNo I did not see it yet-although I want to-I'll have to check out community sometime soon.
ReplyDelete