The scenery, costumes, and cinematography were all magnificent. Everything looked authentic and artistic, so much more than I've seen in other Oscar-winning movies such as Shakespeare in Love. I'm still in awe at the care taken to show the authenticity of the setting, and all of the actors played their parts in a most authentic manner. I could not have been more pleased with this movie, as it set out what the plot intended and so much more. If you enjoy artsy movies and time pieces this is definitely a movie for you. The plot is excellent and throws you for a major loop that may make a prudish person gasp. I'm struggling to come up with more words that will urge you to watch this movie, but trust me, if you like quality movies then you will love this movie. Go see Anonymous, and you won't regret it.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Darkhorse Movie Alert: Anonymous
For anybody who is a fan of the great playwright William Shakespeare, or a fan of the Renaissance and Elizabethan culture and wouldn't be offended by the notion the Shakespeare didn't actually write his plays; I'm sure you would love the movie Anonymous. This film tosses out the idea that William Shakespeare, who was supposedly the son of an illiterate peasant and was himself illiterate, did not write his plays, but was simply a cover for a nobleman who could not openly admit to being a playwright. And no that is not a spoiler because the trailer and synopsis would have revealed such information. I honestly was not very excited about this movie. I had this feeling when I received it from Netflix like I didn't really want to watch it, and I almost send the movie back without watching it. Over some free time today I decided to give the movie a chance and I do not regret it at all.
The scenery, costumes, and cinematography were all magnificent. Everything looked authentic and artistic, so much more than I've seen in other Oscar-winning movies such as Shakespeare in Love. I'm still in awe at the care taken to show the authenticity of the setting, and all of the actors played their parts in a most authentic manner. I could not have been more pleased with this movie, as it set out what the plot intended and so much more. If you enjoy artsy movies and time pieces this is definitely a movie for you. The plot is excellent and throws you for a major loop that may make a prudish person gasp. I'm struggling to come up with more words that will urge you to watch this movie, but trust me, if you like quality movies then you will love this movie. Go see Anonymous, and you won't regret it.
The scenery, costumes, and cinematography were all magnificent. Everything looked authentic and artistic, so much more than I've seen in other Oscar-winning movies such as Shakespeare in Love. I'm still in awe at the care taken to show the authenticity of the setting, and all of the actors played their parts in a most authentic manner. I could not have been more pleased with this movie, as it set out what the plot intended and so much more. If you enjoy artsy movies and time pieces this is definitely a movie for you. The plot is excellent and throws you for a major loop that may make a prudish person gasp. I'm struggling to come up with more words that will urge you to watch this movie, but trust me, if you like quality movies then you will love this movie. Go see Anonymous, and you won't regret it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment