Why do Great Actors Sometimes Make Terrible Movies?
The only reason that I've come up with is money. I continue to see top tier actors who take roles that don't suit their talents, and star in movies that I know will be absolutely horrible. Sometimes I compare this phenomenon to an elite athlete having a bad day, but the difference is that an actor has time to read and choose a script which is pre-screened by their agent and/or manager before choosing a project. These actors also shouldn't have money issues unless they have a terrible spending, gambling, or money management problem, so again I'm baffled, but I'm also glad that I've gotten to the point where I can spot these cinematic disasters from a mile away. I've just realized that I need to coin a term for these A-list blunders...Maybe that the actors A-lost their minds by signing on for these movies. I don't know, I'll think on it. Meanwhile here are a couple of movies to avoid because they will most likely be significant letdowns:
The Lone Ranger starring Johnny Depp
RIPD starring Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges aka The Dude
No comments:
Post a Comment