Sunday, February 9, 2014
Another Pleasant Surprise at the Cinema
Why don't Americans call movie theaters cinemas? It's one word, concise, and universally recognizable, yet Americans have to do things differently, just like their refusal to adopt the metric system. Anyway, I was at the cinema last night to see Robocop, and I must say that it exceeded my expectations. I originally agreed to see this movie as a compromise with my girlfriend (She agreed to go see the second Hobbit movie if I would see Robocop). Needless to say, my expectations were low, but this movie had a decent story line and some nice action sequences. The actors played their roles very well, and what I liked most was the thought provoking nature of the movie on the issue of the use of robots and machines in our current military operations and in society as a whole. Will this movie win an Academy Award? Of course not, but if you want some entertainment at the cinema, and you enjoy action movies that are more than just pretty girls and special effects, go see Robocop, and I think you'll enjoy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment