Monday, February 3, 2014
Wolf of Wall Street was a Big Disappointment
After all the hype that I heard from everyone about The Wolf of Wall Street, I was quite disappointed. This movie had no business being three hours long and there were a number of scenes that could have obviously been cut, and really played no part to the overall message of the film. I'm very surprised because Martin Scorsese usually makes excellent movies, especially when teamed with Leonardo DiCaprio (Who did an excellent job in his role of Jordan Belfort). Maybe all of the people who saw the movie before me were mesmerized by the beautiful blonde women and all of the naked bodies, which of course are nice, but overall the character development was lacking. I couldn't stand the second male lead's character played by Jonah Hill, and a number of other characters were introduced, some with promise, and some without, and their stories were never expanded. I couldn't wait for this movie to end, and as a result I wouldn't recommend spending three hours of your time watching it. I liked the grand message of the film (which I won't divulge publicly, but I'd be glad to discuss it privately; I hate spoilers), but the execution was poor. I'm only putting up the trailer to see if I had taken a closer look, I would have understood that this movie would be bad before I went to see it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment