I ordered The Devil's Double on Netflix a few weeks ago and I failed to write my review. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who's interested in the insanity of the late Hussein family of Iraq. The world always had some idea about the sadistic practices of Saddam and his two sons Uday and Qusay, and this movie gave a fascinating glimpse of Uday, who many have regarded as one of the worth psychopaths in recent memory. Uday was ruthless in every way, killing and maiming whoever he wished, while also taking whatever he wanted. I believe that a psychopath is one of the most difficult things to play for a sane person, and in this movie Dominic Cooper did an excellent job. In addition to playing the psychotic Uday, Cooper also plays Latif- the man Uday chose as his body double. It amazes me how Cooper acted as two polar opposite characters in the same film. I did not know much about Dominic Cooper before this film, only seeing him in movies like Mama Mia and a minor role in Captain America: The First Avenger (Which by the way was kind of a letdown). Based on his performance in The devil's Double, I think that Cooper has the potential and ability to be one of the elite actors in Hollywood. I expected great things from this movie and Cooper truly delivered a masterful performance. If you have any interest or desire to see movies about tyrannical dictators, psychopaths, or an inside look at the Hussein family, I highly recommend this movie.
Didn't see it, but I remember you showing me the trailer for it.
ReplyDeleteIt's awesome. I highly recommend it as you can tell by my review.
ReplyDelete