Monday, January 16, 2012

My Key to Success

Wouldn't it be nice if some things in life were easy? For instance, why does exercising have to be so damn hard? I just finished my P90X chest and back workout, and I am so sore right now.  A shot of adrenaline or a heavy dose of caffeine straight into my blood stream would be nice.  Although the soreness and time necessary for working out suck, the worst part has to be the fact that there are no instant results with exercising (unless you use PEDs).  I often wonder how people stick with their workouts, and I think I've finally figured it out.  For those people like me, who don't actually enjoy working out, they must tell themselves that it's something that they have to do.  At least that's what I've started to tell myself.  If you don't leave yourself and option of quitting or giving up then you just end up working out by default.  For instance, I've gotten to that point with work and school.  I only missed couple of grad school classes, and I never called out of my last job or student teaching.  When you don't even make calling out an option than it just becomes part of the daily routine.


Hopefully I'll continue to apply this strategy to other aspects of my life such as my career-related goals.   An example is my desire to have my writing published.  If I don't even give myself the option of quitting on that dream, it will have to happen, or I will have tried my hardest to achieve my goal.  Same thing with Life Coaching (Yes I'm currently considering adding Life Coaching to the career carousel known as my life).  The option to put it off or give up must be eliminated and only then will I succeed.  Somehow I feel like this isn't really a secret to success as many of you reading this post have probably already implored my new found strategy.  Nonetheless, I'm just happy to continue to find ways to improve myself and my life.  Success is tough, and I think I've figured out that the first step is eliminating failure as an option.  I'll leave you with a few inspirational images that I think sum up what I'm getting at.





And this one just makes me laugh.

2 comments:

  1. I always wanted a turtle and then we went on that stupid walk at Haverford College and now turtles are kind of ruined to me. Stupid turtles.

    ReplyDelete