I know I'm a little late on this one, but the Starz original series Party Down absolutely rocks. This show provides an inside look at the catering business, and more specifically a catering business in or around Los Angeles. Most of the employees are aspiring or washed up actors or comedians, with one cynical writer to round out the bunch. I love how in Party Down each character has a role that stays consistent throughout both seasons, yet each episode still entertains. It's like they do the same thing every episode just at a different event, but it's wildly entertaining. Anyone who's worked in food service while waiting for their big break (doesn't have to be in show business, it could just be a better career opportunity) would likely appreciate this show who features some hilarious people like Jane Lynch (Glee), Martin Starr (Knocked Up), Lizzy Caplan (Mean Girls), an Adam Scott (Step Brothers). Both seasons of this series are available for instant streaming on Netflix, and the episodes are only half an hour long. Both seasons have 10 episodes so you could go through both seasons in a little under 10 hours, but trust me you don't want to rush through this show. I hear there is also a movie in development set to come out in 2013. If you have some free time coming up of if you are snowed in when the annual big snow storm finally comes definitely check out Party Down. You won't be disappointed.
Ugh what an awesome show and I love how a whole bunch of them are on Parks and Rec together. Watch Wet Hot American Summer if you haven't already also. Totally lame that it's not on Netflix anymore.
ReplyDeleteWet Hot is a great movie, and Party Down needs to come back.
ReplyDelete