Thursday, May 3, 2012

New Spider Man

Usually I would think it pretty dumb for a movie trilogy to change the lead character, but when it comes to Spiderman I don't mind because I'm not a huge Tobey Maguire fan, and the last movie was so terrible that it's probably best to wipe the slate clean and start fresh.  Now, I'm not the biggest Andrew Garfield (The Social Network) fan, but I'm pretty sure he can do a better job than Tobey Maguire, and I love Emma Stone as MJ, so scratching Kirsten Dunst from that role is fine by me.  I still can't believe Emma Stone's a natural blonde-I prefer her with auburn or brown hair-but anyway, back to my thoughts on the new movie, The Amazing Spiderman.

The effects look great, as they should because it would be quite difficult to half a real person swinging between skyscrapers, and I like that the movie is taking the prequal angle of telling the story of Peter's parents.  In all of the other movies you never hear anything about Peter's parents; it simply jumps to the time when he lives with his aunt and uncle.  The plot angle for the movie is a great way for the producers and director to start from scratch and rebuild the Spiderman movies into something bigger and better.

On a more personal note, I always liked Spiderman.  I never read the comics, but he always seemed like a cool superhero, and the first two movies were solid, minus Tobey Maguire.  I'm not really sure why I like Spiderman-I mean he's certainly not my favorite comic book character-but who doesn't want to swing from tall buildings and have superior climbing and jumping ability.  Anyway, I'm glad to see the Spiderman movies get a facelift, especially after the abysmal third installment.  I should probably have some more technical analysis for you all, but I honestly just have a gut feeling that this movie will be solid.  Go see The Amazing Spiderman to rid yourself of the bad taste left by Spiderman 3.  

 

2 comments:

  1. No I can't do it. All of my comic book friends think I'm insane for not wanting to see this movie, but it looks so stupid. I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Good writing though.

    ReplyDelete