Another movie that scared me was the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974). This country has plenty of backwoods towns and communities that are off the grid. Who knows what could happen in such deprived and secluded areas when you throw disease, radiation, and possibly inbreeding into the mix. I'm not sure if it's a true story, and honestly I'm a bit too tired to do my research right now, but even if Texas Chainsaw Massacre isn't a true story, it's certainly believable.
And now the latest film that looks like it might actually scare me a bit: The Loved Ones (2012). This film appears to follow a disturbed adolescent girl who wants nothing more than to take her crush to the end of the year dance. When she is shot down by the boy, who already has another date (who appears to be his girlfriend), the disturbed girl enlists the help of her father for a night the boy will never forget. The movie looks to involve plenty of torture with power tools. The cover shot shows the disturbed leading lady clutching a power drill, and I think it's safe to assume that she's not making repairs on her home.
But this could never happen right? I mean what kind of person would actually kidnap and torture a crush just because he or she shot them down? It seems realistic enough to me, especially with all of these new cases of teen suicide. Teens today have it pretty rough, and what's to say that someone couldn't be pushed to the point of kidnapping, assault, and torture. If someone is prepared to take their own life, then they would most likely have no problem taking someone else's life. Forgive my endorsement of this cliche, but "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." This movie looks scary and realistic enough for a horror movie. I also detect British accents which add just a little more spice to this appealing film. Leave comments with your thoughts after viewing the trailer below:
Holy shit that looks terrifying! And I saw the Texas Chainsaw Massacre too. I had to look it up to make sure that it wasn't actually real though it turned out there were serial killers out there that did similar things. I also looked up The Loved Ones too. It's a 2010 Australian film which explains the accents and I agree they do add to the freakiness of the film. It definitely looks like something worth watching.
ReplyDeleteHaha why do the research behind the real-life serial killers when you can do it for me? I'm glad to see that someone agrees with me about this flick; should be gnarly.
ReplyDeleteDo you have Netflix DVDs still? Because you can get through that.
ReplyDelete