The second remake that has me fuming is titled Dredd, and is a remake on the 1995 movie Judge Dredd starring Sylvester Stallone. Haven't heard of it? I'm not surprised. For those of you who do remember that travesty of a movie, you may also remember that it received the Razzie Award for Worst Movie of the Year. No joke. This movie was absolutely horrendous. The plot, acting, action, and costumes were all terrible and it would do the film industry justice to just destroy all memory and record of this film. But no, we're talking about Hollywood here, where some big time studio exec has the crazy idea that he/she could take this terrible movie and remake it into movie gold. Why even try? Have the script writers become some bad and have they run out of any original ideas for action movies that they must now revert to remaking one of the worst action movies of all time? I'm in complete shock an awe that any studio executive would green light this remake. Oh, and by the way, the remake looks terrible too. If choosing to remake terrible movies is all the skill needed to be a studio executive in Hollywood then anyone could do that job. Still fuming over this one; I hope it crashes and burns in the box office.
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Ridiculous Remakes
I've recently seen trailers for two remakes or movies that were released in my lifetime, and let me tell you, neither of them movies should have been remade for two different reasons. Let's begin with the Total Recall remake starring Colin Farrell. This remake angers me because the first version Total Recall (1990) starred Arnold Schwarzenegger in his glory days as Hollywood's king of action movies. The original movie is filled with plenty of classic Arnold lines like "I've never been to Mars!" and plenty of classic Arnold grunting. I'll never forget the first time I saw the scene with the prostitute who had three boobs. As a little kid you don't see many boobs at all and when you see three at a time, let me tell you that blew my mind. The original Total Recall is still one of the classic Arnold action movies, and any attempt at a remake is simply an insult to Arnold's legacy. View the trailer below:
The second remake that has me fuming is titled Dredd, and is a remake on the 1995 movie Judge Dredd starring Sylvester Stallone. Haven't heard of it? I'm not surprised. For those of you who do remember that travesty of a movie, you may also remember that it received the Razzie Award for Worst Movie of the Year. No joke. This movie was absolutely horrendous. The plot, acting, action, and costumes were all terrible and it would do the film industry justice to just destroy all memory and record of this film. But no, we're talking about Hollywood here, where some big time studio exec has the crazy idea that he/she could take this terrible movie and remake it into movie gold. Why even try? Have the script writers become some bad and have they run out of any original ideas for action movies that they must now revert to remaking one of the worst action movies of all time? I'm in complete shock an awe that any studio executive would green light this remake. Oh, and by the way, the remake looks terrible too. If choosing to remake terrible movies is all the skill needed to be a studio executive in Hollywood then anyone could do that job. Still fuming over this one; I hope it crashes and burns in the box office.
The second remake that has me fuming is titled Dredd, and is a remake on the 1995 movie Judge Dredd starring Sylvester Stallone. Haven't heard of it? I'm not surprised. For those of you who do remember that travesty of a movie, you may also remember that it received the Razzie Award for Worst Movie of the Year. No joke. This movie was absolutely horrendous. The plot, acting, action, and costumes were all terrible and it would do the film industry justice to just destroy all memory and record of this film. But no, we're talking about Hollywood here, where some big time studio exec has the crazy idea that he/she could take this terrible movie and remake it into movie gold. Why even try? Have the script writers become some bad and have they run out of any original ideas for action movies that they must now revert to remaking one of the worst action movies of all time? I'm in complete shock an awe that any studio executive would green light this remake. Oh, and by the way, the remake looks terrible too. If choosing to remake terrible movies is all the skill needed to be a studio executive in Hollywood then anyone could do that job. Still fuming over this one; I hope it crashes and burns in the box office.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so sick of remakes. I caught Lance watching the Blue Lagoon remake on Lifetime the other day.
ReplyDelete