Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Start Watching VEEP Now!
The HBO show VEEP had been recommended to me by a friend and commenter on this blog (thank you JS), and I'm happy to say that I finally got around to checking it out. The show is hilarious and witty, while also trying to uphold a mild sense of an actual insiders view into the politics of DC. Of course, I have no idea what it's like to work in politics, but I wouldn't be surprised if the show isn't that far off from how things actually go. I think it's hilarious how whenever you see politicians on TV they always look squeaky clean, and they always have the exact right thing to say. Come on, nobody is that smooth unless they already have their responses planned out ahead of time to previously approved questions. In reality, we have to know that politicians are real people too who drink, curse, and do anything that people wouldn't consider "kosher" behind the scenes. Honestly, politicians are probably some of the biggest a-holes out there, because let's be honest, a-holes get what they want. I have a weird sense of humor, and I don't always agree with my peers humorous choices, but I cannot stop laughing when I watch this show. I highly recommend it. It's available on HBO on demand now. If you, like me, are currently unemployed then you have no excuse not to watch the full season in the span of two days; something that I plan on doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment