A recent movie choice equally disappointed me. Lola Versus starring Greta Gerwig had an excellent trailer that led me to anticipate a work of indie-hipster gold. Based on the trailer, I expected a funny and witty romantic-esque comedy with plenty of relatable themes and scenes. Instead, the movie, like Casual Vacancy, turned out ordinary, with nothing exciting or worthwhile. In this case I fell victim to what I like to call "An all-inclusive trailer," which basically means the trailer shows all of the best and funny parts in the movie, so when you actually see the movie none of the scenes are all that funny because you've already seen them. I didn't really like anything about this movie. Weak writing, character development, plot, and ending. Skip this one for sure. I'll put the trailer below so you can enjoy all this movie has to offer in two minutes and change.
Thursday, November 1, 2012
A Couple of Disappointments
I've recently been extremely disappointed on two separate occasions. The first let down came from J.K Rowling's first attempt at adult novels, The Casual Vacancy. Let me preface this review by stating that I love J.K Rowling and the Harry Potter franchise, but this story fell far short of my expectations. The novel is well written, as one would expect from J.K, and the character development is consistent and complex enough for an interesting plot, but to me, this story was just ordinary. Nothing from Casual Vacancy really separated it from other similar novels that I've read, and nothing about the story intrigued me enough to the point that I felt a strong urge to continue reading. I honestly just finished the book out of respect and love for J.K, but overall Casual Vacancy fell far short of my expectations. Do yourself a favor and skip this one. I still love you J.K.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment