This next choice may shock those of you who know me well, especially because I'm not the biggest fan of musicals, but the new Les Miserables looks amazing. When I learned that this film is the first time in history where all of the actors sang their songs live during the filming (as opposed to pre-recording and lip-synching the music) I was both shocked and amazed. Everything about this film adaptation of the Victor Hugo masterpiece appears to do justice to the story. Although I often shy away from artsy timepieces and musicals I won't be passing up this one, and I recommend that you also make time to see this classic adapted onto the big screen by some of Hollywood's most talented actors (Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, amongst others).
For those of you who like me are enthralled by anything zombie related, you've most likely read something by Max Brooks, and possibly even his most famous novel, World War Z. I read the book a couple of years ago and enjoyed the realistic feel and scary possibilities described by Brooks. Z was one of those books that as soon as I finished I couldn't wait for a movie, and it'll soon be in theaters. I don't know what it is about zombies but the whole idea of a zombie apocalypse, although scary, fascinates me. If you're a fan of anything zombie-related like The Walking Dead on AMC, or if you like apocalyptic type movies then check out World War Z starring Brad Pitt due to hit theaters in 2013.
No comments:
Post a Comment