Thursday, November 1, 2012
A Pleasant Surpise
For months I've secretly wanted to see Rock of Ages, and last week I finally took a chance on it. The trailer for this musical-turned-movie had excellent promise, plus a star-studded cast featuring the likes of Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand, and Tom Cruise (amongst others) provided the ingredients for a great movie. I'm not usually one for musicals, with the exception of Grease, but Rock of Ages really surprised me. I expected an OK movie, especially since the critics didn't give very favorable reviews, and I was shocked at how much I loved this movie. The 80s music and hair may have distracted me more than I would like to admit, but I can't deny that I absolutely loved this movie. Possibly the most surprising element of the movie was the acting and singing ability of the two leads, Julianne Hough and Diego Boneta, who aren't extremely known for their acting abilities in major motion pictures. They both did an excellent job and held their own amongst their A-list counterparts. The only reason not to see this movie would be if you hate 80s music. I happen to love 80s music, and if you share my sentiments then go rent this movie immediately if you haven't already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment