Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beach Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I'm going to the beach and I'm very excited.  Not like I didn't get enough beach time in Israel (and I still have the tan to prove it) but seriously I'm trying to get as much beach time in as possible this summer.  Last summer I didn't get a ton of beach time in besides the week down the shore and a couple days in Israel, so this year I'm trying to use my days off more wisely.  I think the toughest thing about beach days is finding people who are free to go during the week (usually when I have time off).  I often thought about going alone but after a while I just get bored.  Sure I could bring a couple of books or my journal but to drive an hour and a half to read and write; I don't know.  Then again, it's the beach and who doesn't want to always be at the beach?  I actually know a couple of people like that and it confuses me, but nevertheless I still love them. 

I started P90X today and I must say that I enjoyed Insanity more.  I think Sean T does a better job of explaining all the moves and taking you through them slowly so that you can get your form down well.  I also like the pace of Insanity better because it's a steady and consistent pace.  With Insanity you have a certain time limit for every exercise and you do the exercise until the time is up or if you have to stop you take a rest and then come back to it.  With P90X it's more of a program where before each lift you set a goal for yourself and you attempt to reach that goal in the allotted time.  In addition, if you reach your goal before the time is up and you still have the energy for more reps you have the option of surpassing your goal.  In theory it sounds nice but after a first run I wasn't huge on it.  I'll have to get used to it, just something new.  I do however like the challenging nature of the moves and I look forward to the new program.  lots of pullups and pushups; both exercises that I want to make strides in. 

Jetlag is kicking my ass right now, but has also allowed me to sleep really well the past couple of nights.  Sunday night I slept a lot, around 9 and a half hours and I felt so rested.  Then last night I only banked about seven hours but I woke up feeling fully rested right before my alarm went off.  Tonight I should get around eight hours and I'm good with that.  It's weird though because I seem to remember jetlag not having such an effect on me.  Then again I only travel to Israel once a year and I don't keep that detailed a log of my sleeping habits and fatigue so who knows.  In any case, I hope that in the near future my fatigue will subside and I can return to my normal, high energy self. 

Beach day.  Friends coming.  Fun times.

Worked tonight.  Cloudy future.  Not worried. 

Feeling fatigued.  Jetlag wins.  Increased sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment