Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Need a Pause Button for Life

After a couple of requests for a post I've decided to crank something out before work.  Let me begin by using that cliche saying, 'There just aren't enough hours in the day,' or something along those lines.  For instance today I woke up at a reasonable hour, ate breakfast, and then began to do some cleaning tasks around the house.  After that a friend of mine came over for a little bit and we caught up.  I intended to exercise before work but time ran out and it just wouldn't be possible for me to get an hour-long workout in, write a post, and shower before work.  Either there aren't enough hours in the day or I'm too productive; the latter or which may be true (conceited much?).  I'm definitely not too productive; a friend of mine has two jobs and she makes me feel like a lazy bum.  Oh well, I'll work out when I get home; but I'll feel guilty because I'll have to shower again and I don't like to waste water by showering more than once a day( fun fact).  You may be thinking why not just skip the shower now, and you know what that idea sounds more appealing by the second.  I mean come on, why does that individual that serves you coffee have to be clean?  Not like he'll be handling your food and drink with his care hands or anything (actually for food there's a wax paper barrier but I think it's think enough for bad ass germies and bacteria to penetrate).  Working out late night can be nice because it takes all my energy and then I usually sleep soundly. 

Random twist: today when I was cleaning my room I spotted the dream log that I put next to my bed months ago in an attempt to record any interesting dreams that I actually recall in the morning.  Either I haven't had any interesting dreams while here or I haven't been conscious enough to report my dreams but so far here are no entries in my dream log.  Sometimes I wish I could recall more of my dreams; but then would the be so special.  I envy people who recall more of their dreams; then again not all of my dreams are all that nice.  For instance, I've been shot down by girls in my dreams, how sad is that.  It's like rejection has become a natural part of my subconscious.  No worries, as I've aged I've become steadily more successful with the ladies.  So does that mean that when I'm eighty I'll be like Hef? Maybe, but I'm not huge on blondes...crazy right?

Last night I saw X-Men: First Class.  I was extremely excited for this movie and unfortunately it fell short of my expectations.  Don't get me wrong, very good movie; I just wish they hadn't shown the submarine part in the trailer and that I didn't hear the review claiming that it was just as good if not better than Dark Knight, taking the top spot as the best comic book movie.  Definitely no Dark Knight, but still a quality movie with some nice bits of acting from some up and comers.  I especially liked the guy who played Magneto and the kid who played Banshee with the acting.  Jennifer Lawerence slightly disappointed me...could mean bad things for Hunger Games.  Not that she was bad but she was just too ordinary.  She better come out of her shell for Hunger Games where she'll be the overall lead; not just the female lead.  If you're a fan of the X-Men series I highly recommend the movie.  It reveals a lot about many of the characters, and what events lead to their more contemporary conditions.  New characters are very cool but not too many new powers that we haven't seen before.  Very good movie and prequel to the series but it was no Dark Knight.  I'm excited to see Transformers now to see which summer Blockbuster action movie takes the cake for me.  I could limp Harry Potter into that mix but I love HP so much that I consider it more of a drama than an action movie (I know I'm going to catch flack for that comment). 

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant. You're so much more interesting to read when I can hear your voice coming through your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I need to start blogging more often during the day when my entries don't come to an end because I'm falling asleep.

    ReplyDelete