Monday, July 25, 2011

Finally Reading Stieg Larsson

I usually love the heat and the summer; just can't get enough of it, but lately the heat's really been bothering me.  Maybe because it's been really humid and I've been stuck in areas with insufficient air conditioning systems (my house and Borders).  Either way, this summer heat wave has really gotten to me; I've had headaches and just overall feelings of discomfort.  For the past couple of days I've been wishing for rain just to cool things off, and today I finally got the rain I've been hoping for.  It was so nice to finally have a day where I walked out of my house and wasn't instantly covered in sweat.  I even sat outside and read while it was thunder storming just so I could feel the cooler air and the mist from the rain.  Such an amazing feeling after all of this heat.  I think that I finally understand people who love thunderstorms. The cold air can be such a relief in the blistering summer temperatures.  You know what would have been perfect?  A frisbee session in the rain (not when there's thunder and lightning but while there was regular rain-no I'm not stupid if that's what you're thinking). 

Besides exercising and cutting the grass I spent most of my day reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  It's really good and I'm trying to finish it tonight so I can watch the movie on Netflix and then move onto the next book.  I'm really enjoying it and for those of you looking for a great read or an intriguing murder mystery I highly recommend this book.  I haven't wanted to put it down and I've put off other important tasks in my life such as writing just so I could nearly finish this book.  It's funny how when I find some form of media that captivates me I can't stop reading, watching, or playing it until I've finished or completed it.  I'm like this with books, TV series, and video games.  I just can't stop until I finish with such media.  For example, I read all of the Harry Potter books and saw all of the movies to date in a 3 week span.  At the time that was 7 books and six movies.  Yes you could say that I easily become obsessed with things.  I pray that such an obsession carries over to my writing when I start to crank out novels.  On that note, back to reading. 

2 comments:

  1. You're lucky your obsessions are such good ones like books and workout dvds and cooking. You could be into much worse things and once you get rolling on Israel and finishing school you'll be able to obsess more about your writing and your novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, my obsessions aren't always productive. For instance, playing a video game for hours or watching an entire season of a TV show in one sitting isn't the best idea when mountains of homework are waiting. But yes I look forward to the days where I have the time to obsess only about my writing.

    ReplyDelete