Friday, July 15, 2011

Wii Dance Parties to Come

It's beautiful out and I have to go to work, boo on that.  Today would be the ay to call out; I wish I didn't have any integrity.   So last night I watched the The Kite Runner on Netflix and I really enjoyed it.  I thought the movie was very well done and that it very closely related to the book.  I loved both of Khaled Hosseini's books, Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns and I highly recommend both books.  Hosseini does an excellent job telling the grim tale of life in Afghanistan under different oppressive regimes (Soviets and the Taliban) and does a nice job combining a story and a history lesson about a country that's been through so many changes.  I read the books first and then last night watched the movie.  If you're at all curious about the history of Afghanistan over the last 40-50 years of if you're simply looking for a fascinating story or movie I'd highly recommend the books and the movie.  Be prepared for sad tells and graphic descriptions of violence, but if you can handle such things than you'll likely enjoy Hosseini's works...

That was the start of yesterday's post that was never finished due to internet complications.  Now I'm back and able to put together some more words.  A couple of nights ago I went out and bought a Nintendo Wii for my mom (well I didn't really buy it, it's her money but I went to the store and purchased it and brought it home).  My mom wants to begin exercising and has decided that she wants to try out the Wii because some of her co-workers have told her that it's both fun and a provides a suitable workout.   A few of my friends were really excited when I told them about the edition of a Wii to my household and swore that we could have to play Just Dance in the near future.  My mom had The Michael Jackson Experience which I hear is also very fun.  In short, there are soon to be numerous Wii dance parties in my household; that is of course unless my mom grows frustrated with the new technology and decides to return it.  I hope that she doesn't return the Wii or the Mario Cart game that came with it but we shall see. 

My internet failed me at the most unfortunate of times.  So much to say yesterday.  Wait, it's coming back to me.  Last night the last installment of the Harry Potter movies came out.  Now I consider myself an avid fan (sometimes referring to myself as a Harry Pothead) but not to the point that I would wait in line for hours so that I could see the movie on opening night.  I've only been to one or two opening night showings of movies and I really don't enjoy them.  The theatre is always packed and when there's a line you usually get stuck with the worst seats in the house (usually the front row) and you're lucky if you get seats with your friends.  Personally I'd rather just wait a week and go see it with friends where the theatre won't be packed to maximum capacity.  That being said I am still very anxious to see the new Harry Potter movie.  When I read Deathly Hallows all I could think of was how awesome that battle for Hogwarts would be on the big screen.  I can't wait to go and see the conclusion to the book series that turned me onto reading.  The Harry Potter series provided me with an amazing feeling; the feeling that I literally could not put a book down.  Sadly this feeling came when I was nearly 23 years old, but better to have this feeling late then to never have had it at all.  There are certain people and things in life that can do no wrong in my eyes.  Harry Potter  is one of those things.  I don't care what criticisms will be present for the new film because no matter what I will love it.  Hopefully I'll get my first chance to see it soon.  Time to go enjoy this beautiful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment