Friday, July 8, 2011

Red Shirt?

Today was a semi-productive day.  After I woke up I watched some Sportscenter (used to be my morning routine but it's been so long since I've made the effort to watch it.  That's probably because the only highlights right now are baseball so I'm not really dying to see them.  No football and no basketball gives me a hiatus from sports).  After that I did the plyometrics workout in P90X.  The plyo workout is very similar to Insanity so it was nice to do something that I felt a little more familiar with.  Still I'm enjoying the challenge of trying something new with P90X, especially since my chest and arms are still sore from the workout two days ago.  Hopefully they won't feel too sore tomorrow when I do another upper body workout.  I'm totally becoming a junkie for workouts on DVD.  Oh well, as long as I don't push my body past it's limits working out is one drug that I'm alright with. 

After that I went to my sister's house to both copy all of the picture discs from Israel and to catch up on some TV shows (she has premium channels and I don't :( so I have to go to her house to watch many of the shows that I like).  Today I watched the first two episodes of Weeds Season 7 and the first episode of True Blood Season 4.  Both seasons have started out very well especially Weeds.  I probably say that because I like Weeds more than True Blood and Season 6 of Weeds wasn't very good so I was glad to see the show bounce back to its former glory.  I'm excited for both shows and to see how the seasons will turn out.  I'd recommend both shows if you find yourself bored this summer but take caution that you may be confused if you are jumping in without watching them from the beginning (like most TV shows spanning more than one season). 

Today I threw in a load of laundry but didn't give it enough time to dry.  All of my work shirts were in today's load and I didn't realize this until about ten minutes before work.  So I was faced with a conundrum: Wear a white t-shirt to work, white waffle shirt to work (too hot for that), or a polo of a different color.  I settled on wearing a red polo, not caring if any of the managers would give me crap for it.  Surprisingly everyone was happy to see a cafe worker sporting some color.  We're always in either black or white so color is quite a change for us.  Most of the other employees were surprised to see me in red; it was funny, almost like I started a revolution.  My co-workers upstairs said that they're probably going to follow my lead and start to rock colors in the future.  It's funny how in life we all have our routines and when somebody breaks their routine everyone notices.  I think it would be fun if everyone started wearing brighter colors so I'll have to pay attention and see if any of my coworkers follow in my revolution. 

3 comments:

  1. tapenade was the olive stuff in the hummus this morning. i just remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wore red?! Insanity right there :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sidney: Whatever it's called it's delicious, love breakfast at Cafe Yonni.


    Kelly: I know right? I'm such a rebel, what crazy uniform violation will I bust out next?

    ReplyDelete