This morning began with another Yoga session, but this time at a lovely studio in the West Chesterish area called Play. I had a really nice experience with the class (a friend invited me to come check it out) and afterwords we sat down with the owner for a little bit and talked. She's a lovely lady who's really into Yoga and she has a great space for both Yoga and children's art classes (I personally think she brings the two concepts together nicely). She also gave me tips for handstands after the class had ended; excellent stuff. Today was a beginner's class but I did pretty well so next time I'll probably go for the advanced class and it may be the hot yoga. I told my friend Dev that it may be gross because I sweat a lot but she assured me that everyone sweats a lot and not to worry. Either way I've really taken a liking to Yoga and I was surprised when the Instructor told me that in order to be an instructor one only needs 200 hours of practice (sure 200 is a lot but still doable). Wouldn't that be crazy if I was a part time Yoga instructor; Yonni the Yogi haha. Who knows what the future holds; I'm just glad that I discovered a new healthy and fun hobby that I can combine with exercise.
This afternoon I watched Hemingway's Garden of Eden. I'm a big fan of Ernie and his writing so naturally I was intrigued and interested to see this movie. Then a friend of mine saw it and suggested it further influencing me to Netflix the movie. Overall I enjoyed the movie, except for the fact that the DVD stopped working about 15 minutes before the ending. No worries, I'll have my friend fill me in on the ending. Side note: This movie watching experience further soured my current feelings towards Netflix. They're upping the priice of my plan from $10.59 to $15.98. WTF Netflix, some of us are poor students who can't shell out big bucks for entertainment. Woop di do that you put all the movie stores out of business; congratulations. Doesn't mean you have to get all big in the britches and up your prices by 50%. Anyway, I'd have to say that my favorite part of the movie was the actress playing Marita, Caterina Murino. Sadly google images isn't doing her justice but I'll try to find a picture that really captures her beauty. This woman is just about my perfect type: Dark skin, dark hair, ethnic, and she's got curves (not a fan of the super skinny look myself). Ok here's a picture of her all dolled up:
I'm a fan; why isn't this actress in more movies that I've seen? She was in Casino Royale but she had a minor role as a married woman who Bond lured into his bed. So I should probably give a semi-professional review of Garden of Eden but it was difficult to focus on the movie and not on Caterina. Anyway, the movie was shot well and directed well, and correlated nicely to the main scenes and ideas from the novel. If you're a fan of the book or of dramas depicting life in the early twentieth century then I would recommend the movie. It's a very interesting spin on the concept of marriage and relationships. But seriously, Hollywood needs to start putting Caterina Murino in more movies; just saying, I'd see any movie with her in it.

I'm so glad you finally watched this movie. I'm up for two yoga classes when I'm in Vermont next week so tell Dev, they're hot power and ashtanga. I'm pretty excited since it's a studio that opened up after I left for school and haven't been to yet.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome, I'd love to try out different types of Yoga. Hopefully I'll have my chance in the near future.
ReplyDelete