Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beach Day Recap

Went to the beach today with a few platonic female friends and it was an excellent day.  We stopped off and got fruit on the way before going to the state park next to Seaside Heights, NJ.  I know what you're thinking when I say seaside: Jersey Shore.  But let me tell you the state park there is amazing; clearest water I've ever seen in NJ.  Plus it's clean, quiet, and not at all crowded.  I'm a big fan of it, and I'm really happy that my one friend introduced me to it.

The waves today were excellent which I love because when I go to the beach my favorite thing to do is to go in the water and ride the waves.  I never quite understood people who go to the beach and don't go in the water but hey, to each his/her own.  Today's beach day was so great because everyone went in the water, numerous times I might add.  We also played some frisbee, a fun new card game (drawing a blank on the name), read a little bit, and overall had a great time.  We ended the beach day with pizza at Sid's Aunt & Uncle's house.  Such a nice ending to an excellent beach day. 

For me everything's better at the beach.  I just love the water, the waves, and the sand.  Plus there's usually a nice breeze coming off the water so it's almost never unbearably hot on the beach and when that's the case you can bring an umbrella and there's always the water right in front to cool you off.  At some point in my life I hope that I'll have the ability to live right on or at least very close to the beach.  In Israel we went to the beach a lot too and people would say, 'You're going to the beach again?'  Of course we went as much as possible, why wouldn't we.  It was our vacation and why sit in the house or walk around town when you could be on the beach.  In short, I love the beach and I hope that I can get back soon.  And as much as it pains me to say this, Jersey is underrated.  Everyone calls Jersey gross, and although I'm not at all a fan of the state, if you look there are some very nice beaches out there.  State park is probably the nicest I've been to between Jersey and Delaware but hey, it's what we've got so we might as well enjoy it more than bitch about it.  So tired, a day in the sun will do that to you. 

Still jetlagged.  Up early.  Good start.

Bought fruit.  Hit road.  Beach time. 

Overcast day.  Alittle cold.  Sun's Hiding. 

Big waves.  Fun rides.  Best part. 

Dinner time.  Shore pizza.  Perfect ending. 

1 comment:

  1. Five Crowns, excellent card game. And only certain parts of Jersey are underrated. I can always live without a trip to Trenton or Hoboken.

    ReplyDelete