I don't think we realize how much we actually rely on technology until we don't have it at our grasp at all times. I didn't realize how much I used my computer until I no longer had the ability to use it due to my hard drive going bye bye. Oh well, now I have it back and I'm oh so happy about it. My desire to blog was so strong when I didn't have my computer, funny how things work out that way. The downed hard drive also but a halt to the novel-writing process but not to worry, I'll be making my triumphant return to my novel in no time.
So hard to write a legitimate post right now because so much has happened in the recent past. Israel was great; the wedding, time with family, excursions, all of it. Such a special visit that really had a strong impact on me. I find myself considering a move back to the holy land more than ever, and the current status of the job market in PA for teachers is only more fuel to fire my return to the holy land. I'll be thinking a lot on this topic and a decision one way could turn my world upside down, and it may also be the best decision that I'll ever make. Stay tuned to see what happens.
Today at work I had an awkward run-in with a random customer. She was an Israeli woman who had apparently heard from someone working downstairs that I had just gotten back from Israel. So she came up asking for someone named Shy (a popular Jewish name) and I assured her that nobody named Shy worked at the Cafe. She then looked at me like I had eight heads and asked again but I assured her that nobody named Shy worked at the cafe. Finally she asked if there was an Israeli person working at the Cafe and I said yes that's me, and she explained how people downstairs had told her that a store employee had mentioned me. At this point I thought maybe she had a specific question or something to talk about with me but instead she just asked me a couple of questions about my visit. I answered and I would have spoken to her for longer (as I do with any friendly customer) but other customers came up and I had to help them.
She walked away and sat down, leaving me feeling super awkward about the interaction. I mean sure she was probably being nice, just trying to say hi to a fellow Israeli. It just seemed like she had something specific to say to me or to ask me but she never got it out. I was even going to go over to her after my shift ended to ask if there was anything she wanted to talk about or say to me but she left before I had the chance. Maybe I'm just being an asshole but I just felt like it was kind of an awkward interaction. It's like , 'Hey someone downstairs told me that you and I are of the same ethnic background so I'm going to strike up a random conversation with you. It seems like I have a point but not really, or maybe I do have a point and I just never made it.' Maybe I'm not writing this well but I don't know. Can you feel the awkwardness of this interaction? She seemed nice but it was just a little odd.
Oh well, just another day at work. Hopefully my hard drive will hold up so the blogging can continue.
Slept awhile. Worked early. Feeling Ok.
Grilled food. Want some. Weekend Cookout.
New workout. Start soon. Get Jacked.
Beautiful Day. Love Summer. Read Outside.
Miss Israel. Especially beer. Love Goldstar.
Holy Land should be capitalized. Just saying, my oh so funny friend.
ReplyDelete