This morning kicked off with a weekly breakfast with friends; a tradition I began this year. Once a week I've had two to three friends over for breakfast. Today was either the third or fourth breakfast of the year and it was excellent. I made an Israeli style breakfast: eggs, chopped vegetable salad, toast, tuna, hummus, and an assortment of cheeses. Of course mine deviated a tad because I made scrambled eggs and in the classic Israeli breakfast two-egg omlets are served. I was also limited with my cheese selection so I put out Philadelphia cream cheese, feta, and cottage cheese so that there would be an assortment. Sid and Cynth really liked it and out of everything I was most proud of my tuna salad. I found a recipe online that called for sweet relish and mayonnaise to combine with the tuna fish. So delicious; I never want to have tuna without relish again and I highly recommend it to you tuna lovers out there.
I also did another P90X session today that ended with the ab program which totally put me to shame. The ab moves are so difficult and I really struggled. Hopefully as time goes on I'll get more used to the moves so that I'll be able to improve. It kind of sucks because I feel like I'm in good shape but every once in a while a new workout with new moves makes me feel like I'm in terrible shape. No worries; I'm sure that in time I'll be able to do the workout to perfection. With challenging workouts it's important to just do your best and improve. Like Tony Horton says, 'Do your best and forget the rest,' (that's about the only thing that he says that isn't super annoying, I miss Shawn T from Insanity).
Tonight I met up with an old friend that I hadn't seen for a while and I was pleasantly surprised by the company that he's keeping these days. I'm a big fan of his lady and I hope that this time she stays around for good. So we all went to a bar and Sid came out too. At this particular bar they had karaoke and it's something that I always wanted to do. Now for those who know me, you know I have no shame, don't care what others think, and don't mind making a fool out of myself. So naturally I'm made for karaoke. Anyway, I was all for it and so Pablo's lady selected a song and I was up. It was a tough choice but in the end I had to go with my heart and I went with the gaga. Paul was surprised at how well I sang Bad Romance, haha, I still can't believe I did it. So much fun; I highly recommend that everyone try karaoke at least once in their lives. I didn't get booed off which was nice and people actually clapped. Overall a great night; glad to see an old friend and glad that he's finally got his head on straight when it comes to the ladies.
You keep calling me Sid.
ReplyDeleteDAMMIT! i love karaoke. I'm gonna go cry now.
ReplyDeleteIt's ok, there will be more karaoke in the future. Now that people have had a taste of my vocals they'll be begging for more.
ReplyDelete