So excited I'm going to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II tonight. I've been so anxious to see it since last Thursday and now I'll finally get my chance. It will also be the first Harry Potter movie that I'll be seeing in theaters, with somebody else. Actually that's a lie, I went to see Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban years ago, but that was before I loved the books and I fell asleep in the theater. Anyway, 6 and 7 part I I saw by myself so it'll be nice to actually have some company this time around. I'll have to write my review either tomorrow or later tonight but overall I'm very excited for this movie.
On on a not-so-bright note, today I found out that Borders is closing. Such a sad day, I love books and especially the Borders establishment. I originally took a job at Borders because it was one of my escapes. On my days off I would come to Borders and walk around, looking at books and magazines. It was so relaxing in there and I always had such a nice time there that I began to think how much fun it would be to work there and be in the store all of the time. Until recently the job was a lot of fun but ever since the bankruptcy it's just been different. Customers are rude and inconsiderate and the employees are constantly waiting to hear the dreadful news from corporate. Today the final blow was brought down, and before you know it we'll be liquidating. It's really sad for all of those people whose livelihoods depend on Borders. I'm privileged as a student living at home that I could do without my income, but many employees rely on their salary to support their families. At least now people will have the chance to move on to a job where they aren't constantly looking over their shoulders, wondering when their days of employment will come to and end. Hopefully I'll be able to stay on through the end of the liquidation so that afterwords I can collect unemployment. We shall see; right now I'm just hoping that I'll be able to stay on until the end.
It's been really hot and humid lately which I don't mind except for the fact that I've had a headache for the past couple of days. I occasionally get cluster headaches; you know the ones where there's that bulging pain behind one of your eyes (for me it's usually my right eye). I've heard that most headaches come from dehydration but I think a number of factors contribute. I'd say dehydration is probably the key factor but I also think that abrupt climate change such as increased temperatures and an increase in humidity plays apart. Personally I also begin to feel headaches if I'm sitting in an air conditioned room for too long. I find that I need to step outside and breathe fresh air, otherwise my head just starts throbbing. So basically, my cure is plenty of water, fresh air, and shade. If you have headaches too I'd recommend caffeine also. Coffee usually knocks mine out. I'm hesitant to take pain relievers when I don't have to but sometimes I just don't have a choice and pop a couple of tylenol. I guess I'm just trying to tell you all what works for me, in case you find yourself suffering from headaches in this heat wave. On that note I'm going to go step outside.
Harry Potter. Finally Going. So Excited.
Goodbye Borders. No bueno. Great experience.
Throbbing headache. Stay hydrated. Go outside.
Lance and I are going to see it tomorrow night. We're watching part one right now.
ReplyDeleteHP is pretty awesome!! It is super sad though because the series is ending, and so is Borders :-(. Loved working there!
ReplyDeleteSidney: Good call on watching Part I again, I did that Saturday for a refresher.
ReplyDeleteKelly: There's always that cliche saying: don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. And the beauty of movies, you can watch them over and over again.