Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Mama

Busy busy day today.  Worked 8 to 4 and then Mom's Bday celebration.  Actually this morning started out in a hilarious way. I left my house and I was almost at work when I realized I was wearing flip-flops.  So what right?  Well when you're working with food and drinks and possibly spilling drinks on your feat flip-flops aren't exactly going to be appropriate.  So I had to turn around, go home, and get shoes.  It was lucky that I did though because not only did I forget shoes but I also forgot my lunch.  Sure I was ten minutes late for work but they're liquidating so nobody really cared.

Today at work I found out that tomorrow would be the last day of the cafe.  It's so fitting that I'll be closing on the last day the cafe will be open.  Hopefully it will be a good close; and then after that I'll be a book seller.  If you can even call me a book seller, I'll be more of a cashier/cleaner.  The book store no longer has an inventory-tracking computer system so we have no way of checking if we have a book in stock and if so how many copies we have.  I expect complete pandemonium in the near future; great time for me to finally work on the book side right.  Oh well, I'll need to condition myself much more than usual about the main line rudeness that will surely come with the liquidation.  No worries, I've gotten to the point that I throw attitude right back when I get it.  So far it hasn't gotten me fired so we'll see how it goes.  But seriously, it's not like I insult or threaten people, I've just gotten to the point that I refuse to be spoken to without respect.  I think everybody deserves to be spoken to in a polite and respectful manner and if someone's going to talk to me like I'm shit then they won't get any service from me.  Don't let anyone talk to you like you're shit, we all deserve respect. 

Today was mama's bday and a big one too: 60.  Oh wait you're never supposed to reveal a woman's age, sorry mom.  My sister and I got her gift cards to a spa for a massage and to free people.  As much as I can't stand giving gift cards because I feel like it's very impersonal my mom actually prefers them.  She's super picky with her gifts and so gift cards are usually the best solution for her.  We were going to go out to dinner along with our 6 guests but my mom actually preferred to stay home and have food here.  You know what that means, more Yonni Cooking.  I did the salad and the grilling while my sister took care of the rice and setting up the table.  Everyone really liked everything and I was also very pleased with how all of the food turned out.  The duration of the heat initially worried me but all of the food turned out very well and everyone was very pleased with my cooking.  We grilled chicken wings, chicken on skewers with grilled vegetables, beef kebobs, and steaks (along with rice and salad).  Then for dessert we had cheesecake and tira misu.  So good, I'm still feeling full from the meal.  I'm a big fan of family and/or friend dinners and gatherings so tonight was a great time.  Family and friends are what it's all about; honestly my family and my friends are what I live for.  Well for myself too, but family and friends enrich the heart and soul (wow that sounds corny but it's so true).  Keep them close to you always.  Early morning wake up tomorrow so bed time. 

Funny morning.  Forgot Shoes.  Nice start.

Easy shift.  Big news.  Bye Cafe.

So hot.  All sweaty.  Ew gross. 

Kosher meats.  Nice assortment.  Grill time. 

Great food.  So full.  Can't move. 

Early morning.  Bye friends.  New day. 

4 comments:

  1. I know you told me you weren't proud of this post, but this was a different voice for you so I had to. You're like a small boy who's excited to do something special for your mama and then pleased at how well it turned out, except this time instead of a clay handprint it was a Yonni dinner with her children and family and some card cash to spend on a day to herself. I hope you bought some flowers for her flowers for mom vase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she got three different bouquets of flowers, don't you worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have gone to work with Flip flops, but that's me - the Kibutsnik...
    Well done on the BD organization, your mom said it was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I debated on the footwear, trust me. Thanks man, I'm glad that she enjoyed it and that it turned out well.

    ReplyDelete