Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lisbeth Makes me Want a Motorcycle

I want to get a motorcycle; I've decided.  I've gone back and forth on what kind to get but I think I'm going to go back to what I always decided.  I want to get a naked bike, which is a cross between a cruiser and a sport bike.  I've always been a fan of Ducatis myself even though they are quite pricey, and in the end I accept the fact that I'll probably end up settling for a Honda or something less expensive.  Let's see if I can find a picture of the Bike I'd want.

I just think Ducati makes great looking bikes and I always wanted to have one some day.  We'll see how my future career and earning will fit into my necessity for a motorcycle. 

Then again, if a bike will be my primary mode of transportation than in the long run it would be way more cost effective.  A motorcycle is more fuel efficient and less expensive to buy in the first place.  Parking isn't an issue and you can weave through traffic jams during rush hour.  Win win for a single guy like me right?  But what about winter time, with snow, ice, and all of the nasty cold weather possibilities.  Well friends, I'm pretty sure that I'll be relocating to a much warmer climate that doesn't get too much snow or ice, if any, so I don't think winter weather will be a concern.  I've always wanted a motorcycle ever since I rode my bike everywhere in Middle and High School.  Haven't made it happen yet but I hope that in the future I'll be able to get a license and buy a motorcycle.  People say they're dangerous but guess what, life's dangerous.  I can't let the fear of a crash hold me back from something I've always wanted. 

Switching gears, I felt really nice leaving work today.  The whole second floor was a mess and I spent nearly my entire shift straightening up numerous sections so that they looked nice.  A few of the managers noticed all of my hard work when they went upstairs and thanked me for a job well done, and praised my effort.  In times like these it's nice to know that people still notice and appreciate hard work.  It's so easy to take the attitude of, 'Oh well, I'm getting laid off anyway in x number of weeks so who cares if I don't do any work.'  Trust me, that thought has run through my brain often throughout the past week at work.  And then my good old friend integrity comes back and gives me a kick in the ass to do something and actually earn the money that I'm being paid.  Work ethics are important, and are pretty difficult to develop.  I'm glad that mine is still intact during this dark time in my employment.  Oh how I'll miss you Borders.  What's wrong with society when a book store closes?  Yeah, not gonna tackle that one tonight; it could take a while and I've had a few late nights.  I'm off to start The Girl who Played with Fire.  Let's hope Larsson won't disappoint me with the second installment. 

P.S-Lisbeth's coolness/badassness is one of the main reasons why I rekindled my desire for a motorcycle. 






3 comments: