Sunday, July 10, 2011

Yoga's Kicking my Butt

Cookout last night turned out well; another Israeli themed meal.  I made chicken on wooden skewers with beef kebobs, grated carrot salad (thanks to my cousin's recipe), garden salad, and my mom made potato salad and rice.  Quite a feast that was enjoyed by few but no worries; next time more will enjoy my cooking.  I've really grown to like cooking.  Funny how one of my New Year's resolutions was to cook something new every week and it only took me half of the year to actually begin following through on my resolution. 


Yesterday I also did the P90X Yoga exercise and wow was it challenging.  I've developed a new found respect of yoga experts (or masters or whatever you call them.  I couldn't even do a number of the positions and I often struggles with the poses that I could complete.  It's funny because two of my friends have suggested that I get into Yoga recently and then yesterday it just happened to be part of my program.  The two poses that I struggles the most with were crane and warrior 3.  And then after warrior 3 I had to touch the ground with one hand and point to the sky with the other; brutal.  Let me see if I can find pictures on google images...Ok here it goes I'll attach pictures of the two poses. 





I really struggles with these, especially when warrior 3 called for me to put one arm down and point one arm up to the ceiling.  In any case I'm really enjoying P90X, even though I'm really struggling with it.  It's a challenge and I'm happy that I've chosen to take it on.  Hopefully I'll continue to move closer to the results that I'm looking for.  Today I was worried about doing the leg workout because my legs were really sore earlier today but luckily they limbered up in time for the workout.  I'm much more sore during these workouts than I was during the Insanity workouts.  Probably because I'm using more weights with this program, but also I think Insanity did a nicer job with a proper warm up and cool down, with the appropriate stretching for both.  In P90X stretching is more ambiguous and ballistic, meaning stretching by moving not by standing still.  Either way, I'm enjoying the workout and I look forward to what's to come with it.  

I really need to go to the movies soon.  I desperately want to see X-Men (probably seeing it tomorrow night), Transformers, and the new Harry Potter.  I'm really excited for all of the movies so hopefully I can get to the theatre soon and catch up on some new movies.  I'll also be able to give reviews on here after I go and watch the movies.  

Morning work.  So tired.  Sleepy time. 


5 comments: