Friday, December 31, 2010

Being single on New Year's, not the end of the world

The two occasions that really suck the most when you are single are New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day.  Both days are occasions that allow for couples to come together and spend the evening together; usually in a way that is more special than the average night.  Whether it be a romantic dinner for two on Valentine's Day or a classy party on New Year's Eve both occasions are not the average Friday Night.  Some people become upset on these occasions when they see other happy couples enjoying their time together, while they stand alone on the holidays.  Being that I am single this year for New Year's I have vowed to not let it ruin my evening, and I will instead go and have as much fun as possible with a small collection of close friends. 

The single life really isn't all that bad on an everyday basis.  Nobody nagging you to do something you may not necessarily want to do and no significant other to shell out money on.  Being single certainly has its perks of freedom and free time, yet at times when couples shine such freedom turns to loneliness and emptiness for some.  These feelings can make people sad on such happy occasions unless such people make a conscious effort to ignore their relationship status and focus on the task at hand: having fun.  Tonight I plan on having a great time with friends, drinking, eating, dancing, and enjoying life to the fullest.  I am vowing to have fun even though I am single and will probably remain that way come the end of the night.  I believe that it is very important for people to have fun without the necessity of external parties or circumstances such as a bar, alcohol, or a significant other.  If you cannot have fun on your own than you are probably not very fun around others either.  In my opinion a significant other is a bonus to what should already be a happy and fun life.  Don't bank on someone else for happiness or a fun time, but create your own good time.   Go crazy and rock out even if you're single on New Year's, Valentine's, or any other night for all of you singles like me. 

2 comments:

  1. Im not single bro, but i love having you up here and i wouldnt want to ring in the new year without you bro. Thats all i have to say about this post. All around honest and great post though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man, it was another great New Year's, I didn't want to be anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete