Saturday, December 18, 2010
Love Comes in all Forms
So last night I went out with a few friends in West Chester to celebrate the end of the semester and the fact that I can once again consume alcoholic beverages because I am no longer on medication. It was a wonderful night filled with lots of drinking and dancing, and ended with some delicious late night eats which consisted of some Trader Joe's dumplings. I really enjoy spending time with Devon and Anna, my friends from West Chester who happen to be a lesbian couple. They have one of the most beautiful and amicable relationships I have seen and constantly remind me that romantic love between two people is possible and can be remarkable. There are times when I doubt the institution of marriage and the possibility of truly spending the majority of my life with one person and being happy. I fear at times that after a period of five or six years I will become bored and lose interest, moving on to somebody else or to the single life. Couples like Devon and Anna and my close friend Kyle and his girlfriend Sam constantly remind me that love is out there, and is the most amazing thing that us humans have to offer this world. I am blessed to have such people in my life who can bring me back to reality when I feel that I am destined to spend the rest of my life alone, because love is just a chemical reaction in the brain that fades after five to six years when the sexual excitement of another human being no longer exists. I can't remember where I heard it but someone once said a life without love is a wasted life, and I tend to agree. It's kind of like the argument between evolution and creationism or religion versus science. I believe when it comes to love we all have to have faith that the connection between souls is not a measurable phenomenon, but one that goes beyond the physical world to something much deeper and more significant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment