Friday, December 17, 2010

Opening Up to New Possibilities

I'm beginning my blogging journey in the hopes that it will help me to become a better writer.  You see I want to be a writer someday, but until I am published I'll have to do something else to pay the bills and survive.  That's where teaching comes in, High School English specifically.  I discovered my chosen career path after twenty two and a half  years and one wasted B.A in Psychology from the wonderful Penn State University.  I would love to run a test on the water supply of state college and see what the put into it; or maybe it's the air.  Needless to say the place is just majestic and I would love to be there right now.  Instead I'm living in my mother's house finishing up my second round of a college education.  Only this time I am taking graduate courses at West Chester University, a much less majestic institution than the aforementioned Penn State.  With another year to go as of today I am well on my way to shaping the minds of many young adolescents, hoping that they will leave me as better writers with a greater love for reading than when they first walked into my classroom.  I'm very happy to be done fall semester as of today. This was my most difficult semester yet and the month off for winter break is much needed.  I will now go to my last final exam period of the semester where I will submit my assignments and then proceed to get absolutely hammered with a couple of friends in downtown West Chester.  Don't worry I have a place to sleep and I will not be driving after my mass consumption of alcoholic beverages.  I don't quite know when and how to end this so I guess I'll call it an evening with this entry with more to come in the near future. 

5 comments:

  1. no but seriously i think you should become a writer. Write about the Eagles vs Giants this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We Are.............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot, if there is anything you're curious about please comment and I will attempt to write about what interests you.

    ReplyDelete