I slept until 11:30 am today. I think that may be the latest that I have slept all year long; I did not set an alarm and just kept sleeping until Devon and Anna woke up (I slept over last night). Now it's 2:36 am and I feel wide awake. Sleep cycles are annoying like that but at least now I have more to write about. Tomorrow (technically it's already Sunday but I don't believe the new day begins until the sun rises) should be exciting, Eagles game and I will resume consistent exercise. I was working out intensely on a regular basis until this past semester's workload really picked up, draining all of my physical and mental energy. Exercise is excellent because it makes you feel so alive and very good about yourself. I find that exercise raises both energy and self-confidence levels. Taking care of one's body is one of the most important things to do in life because our bodies are our vessels. Personally I find it a huge turn off when a lady does not take care of her body. Some people may think I'm shallow for finding women who do not care for themselves unattractive but luckily in this country I still have the ability to think freely...for now. The way I see it, if someone will not put the time and effort to care for their own body what else are they not putting effort into? Probably a lot of areas such as friends, family and work. I'm not cruel and I think that everyone has the potential to do great things, but I harbor no sympathy for quitters or people who do nothing to change their lives when they are unhappy in their situations and have resources at their disposal.
Exercise and eating well are key aspects in my life and I believe they should be part of everyone's life. So many people pollute their bodies with toxins on a daily basis, usually encouraging unhappiness and a quicker death. The lack of motivation exhibited by many individuals to look and feel good about themselves scares me. Nobody should ever be content in misery and accept it as an inevitable truth of life. With hard work we can all change our situations, either with physical health and fitness or other facets of life such as careers and relationships. The universe rewards hard work and punishes stagnation with the condition that so many people are stuck in and refuse to climb out of known as misery.
No comments:
Post a Comment