Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Don't let the money get you down
So I've hit a little rut when it comes to finances and it's really gotten me down lately. I won't get into details but I feel that my woes represent one of the most stressful aspects of contemporary society. Money, or a lack there of, can cause us a great deal of stress because it usually leads to debt, or a very limited budget. New clothes, vacations, and other luxury items must be put on hold in order to pay off bills and debts. As the money enters your bank account it quickly leaves when your checks are cashed, leaving you to scrape by until the next paycheck. When times are tough it's important to focus on the positive things in life and to learn from your financial struggles. For instance, I am a student and I work part-time, so my expenses, even though they are few, usually match if not outweigh my income. I don't have very much money to spend on myself but I do what I can and I try to focus on the positive things in life such as my friends, family, future, and interests. Moving forward I will always make sure to keep tight budgets and not spend more money than I have, plus invest my savings so that my savings will grow and not simply sit in an account. I believe the key to financial troubles as well as any others in life is to stay positive and to focus on the things that you can control. If you're income can't cover your expenses than maybe pick up a second job, or rework your expenses and eliminate things that are not completely necessary (going out to the bar, extra cable channels, new clothes). It's also crucial to learn from mistakes and not repeat them so that you don't place yourself into a pattern of accruing debt and not having the ability to pay it back. It's also imperative to keep in mind that things will improve if you work hard to change an undesirable situation. Everything that I have ever seen in life has shown me that the universe rewards hard work, so work hard for what you want and even if you don't achieve your original goal, good things will probably happen along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
money should be spent on a couple things i believe.
ReplyDelete1. GTL
2. Girls
3. Haircuts
4. The Club
money should not be wasted on grenades and land mines bro. Thats what I like to call The Budget List
nice list.
ReplyDeleteyou forgot cabs and burgers for the boys on your list but besides that it is quite stellar.
ReplyDelete