It sounds so serene outside right now, I love the sounds of summer nights. As much as I always say that the worst part about summer is the bugs, their noises at night make you feel like the world is so much more alive. In the winter nights are cold and silent, except for the occasional siren or gust of wind on those cold and windy nights. For the life of me I will never understand winter people. I'm leaning more towards the autumn seasons myself only because air conditioning gives me headaches and in the summer I have to sleep with air conditioning or I'll sweat to much which really leads to me not sleeping well. Last night I slept really well to the point that this morning I just kept on sleeping, not wanting to get up. It was cool enough that I didn't need AC which was such a relief. I can't stand the rain either but it's nice because when temps get really high the rain comes along and cools things off. Funny how the two things that I don't like most about summer, bugs and rain/thunderstorms, are actually starting to grow on me.
It's been monsooning the past couple of days. Luckily I've been trapped in the liquidation hellhole so I haven't had to brave the floods, only observing them from inside the confines of my employment prison. Yesterday the water actually began to leak through the ceiling-joy-and who was called to mop up the leak in the former cafe...yours truly. I wouldn't normally mind this duty being that when I worked in the cafe I mopped nearly every night that I closed, but yesterday I was not the least bit alright with my task. First of all it was gross and smelly rain water, not the warm and soapy water that I was used to. And second of all, I was wearing my off-white chucks. I started wearing my chucks to work as soon as I was switched over to the bookside because when working as a book seller there is far less of a chance that cafe beverages will spill on your shoes, hence why I used to wear crappy shoes when I worked in the cafe. I like my chucks in fact, I love my chucks as much as you can love footwear. Good thing they only cost $40 bucks so if I have to replace them I won't be breaking the bank. Then again, I should probably blame myself for buying off-white shoes which can so easily be stained. I don't care, I needed a lighter pair of shoes in my arsenal of footwear. I already have black H&M faux Keds so I figured all black chucks weren't necessary. Oh well, they didn't suffer too much and I can always wash them. Can you tell that I obsess over shoes? Also can you tell that the majority of my life was spent in a household with two females. Don't worry, my mom's shoe collection dwarfs mine. Plus I'm not really a sneaker guy, more a shoe for every occasion guy. I'm going to stop this discussion now before people start jumping to false conclusions...
I watched Hall Pass yesterday or the day before. Actually it was Saturday. It was funny at times but I must say I expected more going into it. A few great scenes and a lovely new phrase from Jason Sudeikis-fake chow-relating to a certain sex act. If you're intrigued I'll fill you in on a non-public forum. Pretty good overall but not great, and no real curve balls. The previews basically filled you in on the main premise and there were a couple of gut busting scenes but for the most part I was disappointed. Maybe it's that I just don't find Jason Sudeikis very funny. He's like the new 'it' guy in comedy right now but I don't know; so far he doesn't really do it for me. Sure I liked him in this movie and in Going the Distance but he still has a ways to go before vaulting up into the ranks of guys like Will Ferrell and Vince Vaughn. Oh and then there's this actor who plays a baseball player, Tyler Lee Hoechlin, who of course is shirtless for a number of scenes in the movie, most notably a love scene. If you're a guy and you have body image issues just turn away because he'll make you hate yourself so much more. Just saying, I was just like 'F-you man, why do you have to have every single cut.' If you're thinking, 'wow you totally just admitted you have at least a slight insecurity about the way you look,' then you would be correct. But hey, no worries, that's why I'm working out. Don't get me wrong, I feel good about myself and my looks, but I want to feel great about my looks. Anyway, the movie didn't kill it for me like I hoped it would. Still, I have a weird sense of humor. If you're looking for a laugh and you've got some time to kill give it a shot, just don't expect it to be in your top five all-time comedies.
I think with winter it's not so much that you're a winter person, but rather where you are in the winter. Winter in Philadelphia is crap, but other place it's not so dead and dreary as it seems, just cold.
ReplyDeleteJason Sudeikis is still SNL to me and definitely not Vince Vaugh quality yet. I think Charlie Day is the real new "it" guy in comedy. I just wish more movie producing people agreed with me.
Agreed, winter here blows. I'll have to keep an eye out for Charlie Day.
ReplyDelete