Thursday, August 18, 2011

Out Like a Light

bahh so groggy, I think it's from these migraine meds I'm taking now.  Oh yeah, I have migraines.  What I thought were cluster headaches (self-diagnosis) are slightly more serious.  I'm not a fan of prescription medication, never have fun, but in this case I'll make an exception.  I think the only thing worse then a bad headache is a bad stomach virus and lucky I don't get those as frequently as I used to.  Wow I'm making myself out to be a medical wreck when in reality I'm quite healthy.  Hopefully the meds will help and the headaches will cease but then I got one tonight. The meds are also supposed to help with sleep.  That much I think is true because last night I slept like a log and it was glorious.  I woke up feeling so excellent and I didn't want to get out of bed.  I rarely have that feeling anymore and it was a very nice change of pace. I'm pretty sure that tonight I'll once again be sleeping like a log.  My mind is slowly shutting down.  It's like when you shut down your computer but it slowly has to close all of the programs or it installs all of your updates before shutting down.  That's like my brain right now, just one big super computer with a bar that's slowly filling up and when it's filled:  lights out.  I predict I have another 15 minutes or so in me before the chemicals force my body into a state of unconsciousness.  Wow where were these meds when I had an 11 hour flight from Tel Aviv?  I haven't done flash fiction in a while and my mind is shutting down quicker than I anticipated so here we go. 

Have migraines.  Nice surprise.  Prescription filled. 

New meds.  Great sleep.  Rare feeling. 

Day off.  Starbucks trip.  Usual routine. 

More reading.  Greek tragedies.  Planning started. 

Worked out.  Legs back.  Dead tired. 

Need energy.  More coffee? Bad idea. 

Brain finished.   Last words.  Out hot.  (Because it's summer otherwise it'd be out cold)

1 comment:

  1. You write silly things when you're medicated. I too slept amazingly well last night but probably because I had no sleep the night before. I could have gotten twelve hours in last night if I hadn't been woken up by the storm this morning. It scared me awake so bad I almost started crying before I knew what it was.

    ReplyDelete