A couple of nights ago I watched a movie called Wild Target with Bill Nighy, Emily Blunt, and Rupert Grint. The movie started off very well with a good combination of action and comedy. Of course, for British people it seems that comedy just comes naturally. Especially the romantic comedies, I think the Brits take the cake on those. Anyway, the movie started off really well and gave me a new found admiration for Emily Blunt. I never really noticed her besides her role in The Devil Wears Prada, and she really did a nice job in both films. Bill Nighy was witty and elegant, perfect for his character. I'm a big fan of him in just about everything he's in including Love actually, Underworld, and Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3. Then of course there's Rupert Grint, good old Ron Weasley. I was really hoping to see a new side of Grint, that would lead me to believe that his acting career wouldn't be over following the Harry Potter movies. Sadly he didn't play a very versatile character and played the goofy sidekick yet again. When I saw he was in the movie I was very excited but sadly he didn't dazzle.
The movie overall was mediocre. It started out very well with an interesting plot full of action. Then it just slowed down to a very slow action-less movie. No worries; I'm glad I gave it a shot and I didn't have to wait for it to come in the mail because it was an instant movie on Netflix. I hate to say it because I like the bast of this movie but unless you're a huge fan of movies about hitmen/hitwomen I wouldn't recommend this movie. The movie does give an interesting and slightly different example of your classic hitman but besides that it wasn't anything special. Oh well, hopefully the next movie I watch will be better. I've got Hall Pass and Arthur hopefully coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment