My writing may be sparse over the next few months. Tomorrow I embark on my journey as a student teacher. I'd say I'm a combination of scared and anxious. What sounds better scanxious or anxcared? I think anxcared because sanxious sounds like skank and we all know I am not a skank. Actually you've got to throw excited into the mix. I am very excited about teaching, I just need to accept the fact that I'm going to mess up, I'm not going to be perfect, and that's ok. It's always been tough for me to accept the fact that I'm not going to get most things right on the first try, but no worries. I figure as long as I work hard, keep my head up, and listen to my co-op then I'll be fine.
It's crazy how much my schedule is going to change now. I'll be up at 5:30 am every morning, out of the house by 6:30, which means I should be in bed no later than 10pm. It's like high school all over again only in high school it was usually more along the lines of 11 pm bedtime 6:30 wake up, still about the same split. I'm going to have to be super productive with my time if I want to keep up with my workouts. It's going to have to be like get home, workout, shower, and then sit down and grade/plan/do whatever I have to do. I mean I'm a pretty productive guy and my time management is good, but I feel like now I'm going to have to kick it into overdrive.
Today I splurged a little and bought some stuff on my wish list, I figured why not. Yesterday was school supplies, today was me supplies. I went to TJ Maxx and bought new boxers (old ones are starting to get holes in them and don't really fit), socks (ankle and long ones, I'm short on both), headphones that wrap around my ear so they won't fall off when I'm running (haven't done that in a while but you never know when I'll resume-I'm using lots of parentheses oh well, love parentheses), and then as I was leaving I saw a pair of Calvin Klein jeans that I just had to get. They're dark blue, no wash, perfect for dressing it up a little bit. For instance I could wear them with a button down and tie on 'Jeans Fridays' or I could pair them with a nice button down and a blazer for a semi-fancy dinner out. I'm trying to design an effective jeans arsenal for myself, part of which I have down. I figure I need four pairs: Blue medium wash for everyday wear and casual outings like Friday night at the bar, Light wash for summertime and having fun, (have those too), dark blue wash for dressing it up, and black for when I want to look bad-ass and rebellious. So far I've got everything except for black so I'd say I'm on the right track. Sometimes I think I could add grey to the arsenal, you know like a dark grey jean with a slight wash, cool right? kind of new school. I just like to be prepared for all occasions.
So much to do these next couple of days, I better get to bed so I get a good night's sleep.
What student teacher seriously thinks that much about jeans? Huh? Good luck tomorrow!
ReplyDelete