Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Done

So relieved that I'm finished with my final project for the semester.  I'm so relieved that I won't be up until very late tonight doing this thing because it's finished.  I'm especially happy because I got Red on Netflix and I've been quite eager to watch it lately.  Such a relief, I'm feeling amazing right now.  Tomorrow night I will celebrate, I'm not a hundred percent sure how but I will celebrate in some way. 

So tonight Sam and I finally took Kyle out for his congratulatory promotion dinner.  Kyle got a long-overdue promotion and I vowed to take him out to celebrate it.  I wanted to incorporate Sam naturally because she's his girlfriend and because I knew she was equally proud of him for his achievement as I was.  We went to Outback Steakhouse in Exton and the food was delicious.  I've never been to Outback and come to think of it I haven't been to too many steakhouses in my day either.  Funny because I'm essentially a carnivore but hey I'm glad I finally made an appearance.  Food was delicious I got Teriyaki Beef  Medallions cooked over a wood fire.  I was very pleased with my meal, and I got a Yard's Stout which was also excellent. 

During dinner Kyle and I had a funny conversation looking forward to his future bachelor party (that I will surely be planning).  It's gotta be Vegas and so of course when you think of a bachelor party in Vegas you've got to think Hangover.  So one tendency that my friends and I have had has been assigning each other roles from popular movies and TV shows.  For instance when the American Pie movies came out my buddies and I all assigned each other roles.  I was Jim (haha or course), Gnoffo was Oz (Lax player go figure), Paul was Stifler, Kyle was the dude who was dating Tara Reid, Mark's his name I think (because Kyle was the only one with a girlfriend), and Mahoney was Jim's dad.  Then entourage came out and we decided that Gnoffo would be Vince, I'd be E because I'd be the only one who would be able to actually manage him.  Paul could be drama and Kyle would be turtle because Kyle loves to drive and he used to always wear sports jerseys like the old turtle.  Now both turtle and Kyle are more refined.  But anyway you get the picture. 

So tonight we were going through who would be who from the Hangover.  I was voted to be Phil (Bradley Cooper) because I'm the best dresser of the group (not saying much) and I'd be putting everything together.  Plus he's a teacher and I'm going to be a teacher.  Kyle would be Doug because it would be his bachelor party.  Then Shawn would be Stu because he's going to be a PA (Physician Assistant).  Close enough to a doctor even though Stu's only a Dentist.  And then of course Allan.  I would have to bestow the role of Allan onto Lovick.  Lovick loves Yaeger, like Allen, and Lovick would also show up wearing some goofy T-shirt (like that ageless tye-dye shirt of his) like Allan's outfit.  Now I just want Kyle to get engaged so we can all go to Vegas, get roofied, and not know what happened the night before.  Shawn will fund the operation cuz he'll be the medical persona and he'll probably leave with a missing tooth and a tattoo.  Somehow through all of the chaos I'll manage to keep everything under control and we'll make it back just before the vows are going to be exchanged.  Wow I can't wait for that trip, it needs to happen soon.  I'm itching for it, and I've never been to Vegas. 

1 comment:

  1. did you remember to ask sam to cut the sides of your hair?

    ReplyDelete