So excited, I wrote the first chapter of my future novel today and I think I came up with a title. Thank you to all of those on facebook who gave suggestions for my protagonist's name, I really appreciate it and I took all suggestions into consideration. I'm feeling good about where my novel is headed and I hope that continues. If I can stay diligent with this I think my goal of 100,000 words by the end of summer is doable. After all, I got out 3,500 today. It wasn't easy and my eyes really hurt after but it still happened. I'm relieved that I finally got rolling with this because I felt like I was dragging my feet on it for a little while. For some reason I'm finding myself scared and self-conscious about my novel and my writing in general but I feel like I just need to go with it and put it all out there. I'm putting a lot more of myself (real feelings, emotions, and experiences) into the novel than I expected but I'm strangely ok with it. At the same time I'm afraid that digging that deep into a memory bank from a time in my life that wasn't exactly positive may have adverse effects; but I hope that my current state of mind will balance me out emotionally. I'm pumped, hopefully more work on that tomorrow.
No comments on yesterday's post :( and I was really proud of that one. Come on party people, I even included pictures for those of you who like visuals. Pictures of a really pretty girl too. Oh well, I'm still super excited for the Hunger Games movie.
Today I was supposed to have started the max circuit training of Insanity. I knew it was going to be a hellacious day with Insanity because before starting the max circuit I had to do a fit test to assess my progress; no easy feat. I gave it all I had during the fit test in an attempt to boost all of my previous numbers and by the end of it I was drenched in sweat and drained of energy. I don't know if you're meant to do the max circuit right after the fit test but that's what I assumed. I attempted it and barely made it through the warm up because I was so tired. Maybe it was the fact that I slept in late or that last week was recovery week so my body's not used to the increased workload but I was drained and my muscles were fatigued. I was so disappointed when I finished but at the same time I've always been a firm believer that one must always listen to his/her body. My body was telling me that it had enough after the fit test. I'll have to begin with my first max workout tomorrow and I'm hoping for the best. The way I see it is that I'll just go for as long as I can as hard as I can and hopefully I'll be able to make it through the whole thing; that's all I can do. I think Shawn T (the head trainer/host/MC of the Insanity video) wanted to kill me today, and had I kept going he would have succeeded. Tomorrow's a new day with a new challenge and I'll have to go from there.
I started a new book today too titled Shattering Glass by Gail Giles. This book was part of the literature circles assigned in my English 390 class and it sounded really interesting so I decided to give it a shot. I made it halfway through before my eyes began to hurt so then I put it down and turned on the Heat vs. Bulls playoff game to watch Lebron and D Wade take a commanding 3-1 lead on the Bulls. So happy for Lebron and the Heat and I really hope he finally gets his title this year. I'm also really happy that Bosh has finally emerged as I expected he would all year. I predicted that Lebron and Wade would consistently be double teamed opening Bosh up for easy buckets and that's happened a lot this series. I also predicted at the beginning of the year that Lebron should just be the point guard and run the offense which he's been doing a lot this series. I saw him as a new school version of Magic Johnson and it's been working very well. I'd love to be an NBA coach, anybody hiring?
Overall I was happy with all of the reading and writing that I accomplished today. Hopefully more to come tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment