Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lately I'm a Machine

Sorry all, nothing to write yesterday.  I blame the 8 hours I spent in Starbucks working on my unit plan.  That followed by Insanity just drained me of all energy.  Yes for those of you following I'm still doing Insanity; just finished my second week of the craziness.  Let me tell you, some of the craziest workouts I've ever done.  I'm dripping sweat from head to toe daily and it is a killer.  Anyone who wants a new challenge or who is looking to take it up a notch I highly recommend the Insanity program. 

I'm drawing a blank right now; probably because I've been such a machine.  For instance today I woke up at 7 am, worked on my unit plan, went to buy gas for the lawnmower, did Insanity, and then went to work.  I worked on my Unit plan during my break and when I got home I drove furniture over to my sister's place after which I finally got a chance to relax a little.  Then I folded some laundry and here I am, gracing you all with my presence.  Tomorrow will be more of the same, early morning wake up followed by mowing the lawn, more schoolwork and at night Borders.  Crazy crazy, can't wait for this week to be over. 

Yesterday I started reading God Hates us All by Hank Moody, my inspiration for wanting to become a writer.  Who cares if a fictional character motivated me to become a writer, I'm writing aren't I?  I wonder how fictional Hank really is though, I mean he did write a book (supposedly).  I know this because I'm reading it right now-so hard not to tap into it right now because it's so good, I may have to give in later.  No worries I'll do a little more work on the unit plan tonight and then I'll read a few pages of wonderful words before sleepies.  That's if I can make it that far, I've been so tired all day.   My recent shot of caffeine may keep my eyes open for the next couple of minutes but who knows.  There are a few small things I want to accomplish for my unit plan and I want to have it done tomorrow so that Tuesday I can begin focusing all of my energy on my multi-genre guide for reading. I also need to make a teacher notebook but that shouldn't take too long.  Oh and tomorrow I need to go make some photocopies either at Staples or at the public Library.  I'll have to mark that down. 

I recently realized that one of my pairs of jeans is just a tad too tight.  I'll be honest, after I lost by first round of weight I got a little obsessed with the fact that I could finally fit into straight leg jeans.  This one pair isn't the most flattering and I'm thinking I may need to retire the tight jeans.  Last night I was wearing them and I was thinking 'wow these really aren't even comfy'.  Plus what type of girl would want a guy who walks around with his junk smushed against his leg?  I mean seriously like do those skinny little emo boys who wear jeggings on a daily basis have junk?  Cuz if so I don't know where they store it.  Some fashion trends make little to no sense.  Whatever, you can't take everything that society feeds you and adopt it as your own.  Don't be just another brick in the wall (A line I commonly use that I commandeered from Moody who probably took it from Pink Floyd).  I wear some things that go against societal standards and I'm cool with that.  Be proud of your style, make it your own, and decide what's fashionable for you.  If you find something awesome in a store that may be too big consider getting it tailored to fit you.  I think clothes are a great way to express yourself by showing off your own personal style.  And they're not so permanent like other forms of expression, like tattoos.  Sorry friends tats and piercings aren't for me.  To each his or her own, but the hole prospect of holes in my body and permanent ink in my skin has lost its appeal.  Alright well now that I'm finished with my daily rant I must go and attempt to work on some academic things.  As Shakespeare may have said, Fare thee well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment