Monday, May 16, 2011

It's Your Birthday? Here, Go Play Pong

Today I learned a very valuable lesson: Black tea on an empty stomach is no bueno.  In an attempt to oust my weasing chest cough I downed a large class of hot black tea and wow did it turn my insides.  For a while I thought I was going to be sick at work.  A few times I debated running for the bathroom but in the end I toughed it out and eventually felt better.  Later in the day I explained my near-sick experience to one of my managers who informed me that black tea can have that effect when drinking it on an empty stomach.  I wouldn't say my stomach was empty but it certainly hadn't been filled in a few hours time.  Anyway it was my valuable lesson for the day. 

Tonight was nice, a quiet family dinner with my immediate family, my cousin, and his wife.  You wouldn't think Sunday would have been our family dinner night being that it's not the sabbath for Jews but hey it worked out that way today.  Plus we didn't have a sit down dinner last night because I was working so I guess it made sense.  In any case, it was nice to have a family dinner; so underrated those family dinners are.  Wow I just thought of how much I've been working lately.  I worked this whole weekend, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.  I may as well have slept at Borders I was there so much.  I should just inflate an air mattress in the basement.  That would be a sight for the opening manager but I honestly feel like that place has become my second home.  Not necessarily in a good way but whatever, at least my paychecks will look nice. 

Tonight was nuts, I was driving to West Chester for Sam's pre-graduation celebration and it started torrential down pouring.  Then mother nature stepped it up a notch and decided to throw some hail in the mix.  Lots of people were pulling over but I decided to power through the treacherous weather.  If any car could handle it Forrest could (love my Subaru, best cars ever).  It's funny how Forrest in an Outback and Subaru actually has a model of car called a Forester.  But see my car Forrest is named after my favorite movie and character of all time, Forrest Gump, and for the fact that he's forest green.  Double meaning, you know you love it.  But anyway, crazy weather.  I was mostly motivated by my desire to be on time.  Funny how I had my priorities lines up tonight 1. Be on time 2. Stay alive by not driving in horrid conditions.  My thought was that if I kept driving eventually I'd come out of the downpour-which I did-and if I didn't then at least I'd still be on time.  Oh well, thanks to the Big Guy for keeping an eye on me. 

The bar was a good time, a combination of old friends and new went very well.   I was playing really well in beer pong-undefeated actually-until my partner and I decided to be really nice and let a random girl play.  We were doing very well and then this girl came up and said it was her birthday and that she really wanted to play.  The DJ/MC wouldn't allow her to move up on the list so my partner and I let her take our place.  I figured it would be our nice deed for the night plus there was no prize or anything and it was all for fun.  And if you think about it we left on top, undefeated for the night.  I'd say it was a success.  The rain even let up during our walk over which was so nice.  I'm not feelin' this upcoming week of rain that's expected; what's that about?  I think April was rainy enough don't you all?  Oh well, no point in getting worked up over something I can't control.  Time for bed so I can wake up to watch Sam walk at her graduation. 

1 comment: