I've been neglecting my writing lately mainly because I have nothing super compelling to write about. Sure I'm done school now and that should be a giant burden off my shoulders but it's not feeling any lighter over here. Everything honestly feels the same; maybe it's because school really wasn't all that difficult this semester. Maybe it's because the burden of my finances is more significant than my academic workload. It's like I want to save money but the world is against me. Exhibit A: Speeding ticket $162.50. I mean seriously who was I hurting my driving 76 in a 55 on an empty high way. Exhibit B: Rising gas prices. Seriously Obama how have you made anything in this country any better? We're still in a recession, unemployment is still high, every job market sucks, and we are now militarily involved in another Middle Eastern country (Libya for those of you who didn't know). Sounds like you picked up exactly where Georgey left off: Fucking This Country Royally. It'll be sad if the Bin Laden killing saves Obama's presidency. Yes it was a necessary death and I'm glad the world is rid of him but was it worth the thousands of American lives and trillions of American dollars that were spent in the process? I'm not so sure. I'd rather have all those soldiers back, all that money allocated to fight poverty, improve health care, and improve education. Let the terrorists sit in their huts cursing every American. Beef up border security and don't let any of them into the country, they can't hurt us from 10,000 miles away.
I don't usually talk about politics or use such profane language but I guess you can say I'm in a mood today. Maybe it's because I've been working so much and not saving anything (trying unsuccessfully). Or that every day I'm working it's the most beautiful day of the year and every customer and fellow employee has to remind me of that fact. Or maybe it's because I got a notice from penndot yesterday that I not only had to pay my fine but I got 4 points on my license (at 6 you get your license revoked). I'm excited to go take out all of my anger and frustration during my Insanity session within the next hour. Not a good day for the Yin. Time to let it all go. This may sounds cliche but I actually feel better now that I got that out. Maybe I'll put a disclaimer in the title that if people don't want to hear me bitching or some of my current political views then they should skip past the first two paragraphs. I may just do that. I have a huge gash on my arm from this stupid piece of 'art' that is a candle holder shaped like the tree of life. This supposed artwork is made out of metal-pretty sharp metal at that- and as I walked by while I was setting the table for Mother's Day dinner I sliced my arm. People are probably gonna look at me and think I'm a cutter; sorry but self-mutilation isn't for me. That' so my luck, I get home with dinner and I try to do the nice thing and set the table...what do I get in return? A nice scar to add to the collection. It's like this one time I did my buddy Shawn a huge favor and went to let out these dogs at a house that he was dogsitting at. What happened? I opened the porch door and the dog runs outside and pees on my foot. Just one example of the numerous times when shitty things happen to me while I'm attempting to do something nice for someone else. Oh well I guess that's the price you pay for being a nice guy; you can literally and figuratively get pissed and shit on haha. At least I was able to make my mom and sister laugh to the point of tears tonight with my impression of what Israeli news sounds like. Gotta find the positive aspects even in shitty days. I haven't done flash fiction in a while, bringin' it back.
Working more. More money. No Savings.
Speeding ticket. Paid fine. Surprise!!!!!!! Points.
Nice day. Stuck inside. Not Happy.
Last day. Third week. Love Insanity.
Reading H. Thompson. Many Drugs. Like it?
Coming week. Anything exciting? We'll see...
You should start saving your flash fiction pieces and make a collection that you could send in for publication. You've really improved with a lot of them.
ReplyDeleteI know you keep saying that you need to find a theme for your blog, but I think you have something going right now. You should be a cultural analyst or critic. You have valid thoughts about all of these things even if they are sometimes negative.
Excellent recommendation, I'll keep going with it.
ReplyDelete