I haven't written in a couple of days and I really haven't felt compelled. Maybe that just reflects how uneventful my life has been lately. Basically the past week has consisted of three activities: unit planning, working out, and work. Unit planning is going well, my co-op has been helping me out a lot along the way. Working out has been the same but I haven't been eating as well as I want to. I need to start watching my diet a little bit again if I really want to achieve my goals. And then there's work, oh the dreaded work. Wow it's been terrible. Bitchy people, pointless work, just an overall negative environment.
Take today for instance. I come into work and I'm asked to move the calendars from one location in the store to another. Why? I don't know, but being the good employee that I am I do so. At first I thought that it was so that the calendars would have more room and they'd look more organized in a more spacious section. Alas, there wasn't any more room in the new section. I spent all this time organizing the calendars so that all of the same ones would be together, and in the end it was pointless because they were all on top of each other because there wasn't enough room. About halfway through my task I got so mad because I realized how pointless it was to move the unorganized calendars from one section to another section where they would once again be unorganized. I think from now on I'm just not going to listen to what anybody asks me to do and I'll just decide for myself what's most important.
I really don't have anything else to say. I'm so boring lately. Tomorrow I'm going to the shore for what will be the last time this summer. I'm happy with my shore trips this year, both here and in Israel. I love the beach and I'm glad that I was able to spend a considerable amount of time there this past summer. Weather should be good so it should be another great day. Too bad I'll be doing a little more work than usual-I'll be bringing materials for unit planning-but no worries I'll still have plenty of time for fun. Plus I have this whole weekend and Monday to work on unit plan stuff so I'm alright with taking some time off tomorrow.
I'll get Sucker Punch in the mail tomorrow from Netflix. I recently watched Arthur which I loved and I can't remember if I wrote a review about it (I'm also to lazy to check). I don't know if I can give a bias-free review on Arthur because I love Russell Brand and in my mind he can do no wrong. Whenever he opens his mouth he cracks me up, even if he does essentially play the same role in every movie he does. The only thing that changes is whether or not he's on drugs, but I think he can be just as entertaining sober as he is wasted (then again on screen isn't he always sober? let's hope). If you like Russell and comedies that have that cute aspect see Arthur, but don't expect it to blow you away. I'm curious to watch the original now and see which one I prefer; but I'm pretty sure the newer version will win out because once again, in my eyes Russell can do no wrong.
You didn't write about Arthur. You haven't written about anything in ages so even this little bit of ick is good. You forgot to mention that I came saw you and brightened up our day just a little bit even if I did distract you from doing your work and just in case I'm sending you a little bit of my pure awesomeness. I'm such a brown haired dork in glasses, a dime a dozen. Have fun at the beach tomorrow. Play lots of frisbee and don't let your beach buddy get carried out to sea if she swims out too far.
ReplyDeleteYeah, she needs to remember to swim laterally if the current starts dragging her out to sea.
ReplyDelete