I'd love to be a book/movie/societal critic. Free-lance writer/critic, what a dream job. Anyone hiring? I mean seriously I basically do it already on an amateur scale. Ladies and gentlemen I'm ready to go pro. I mean how great would it be to travel around the world and write about different topics. Oh wait, there's a job like that, it's called being a journalist. Why didn't I pursue that again? Who knows. I'm probably sounding off about careers right now because I'm preparing for the career I'm most qualified for, teaching, and I'm struggling. I'm attempting to work on a unit plan for the Greek play Antigone and it's not going as well as I'd hoped. I just need to get the skeleton structure and calendar down and then I'll be good to go because lesson plans aren't too hard to construct. No worries, it'll get done I just wish I wasn't struggling so much. It's probably my hiatus from school that's making me so inefficient right now. I haven't been ion school since late April/early May and my brain is letting me know. Of course, I haven't been totally letting my brain turn to mush, with all of my leisure reading, but actual schoolwork is such a foreign concept right now. The breaks are great, but sometimes I wonder if they're too long. High school breaks will be considerably shorter though, as in a month and a half short. Either way it's always hard to get back in the swing of things whether it's a 4 month layoff or a two week vacation.
I'm so tired, oh wait I'm at Starbucks, maybe I should get a coffee? Yeah that's be smart, good thinking genius. On the way out I'll have a strong espresso drink in my hand. Or maybe I should just wait until I get home and make coffee then, which is of course free and I should be saving money. The day that I won't have to spend lots of time thinking over a 3 dollar coffee purchase will be a great day. Oh financial independence where are you in my life? My wish list isn't even that long, but I think I'm going to make a purchase sometime soon. Screw it, I'm getting laptop speakers today. I really want them and they're not too expensive. Laptop speakers and headphones: the next two purchases. For headphones I think I'm going to go for the ones that wrap around your ears because they seem good for running. Whenever I run with the ipod headphones the fall out of my ears, anyone else have that problem?
Ok societal critique time. I hate blackberries (the phones not the fruits) with a passion. I highly regret my decision to ignore the advice of my friend Shawn a year and some months ago when he told me not to get a berry and go for the droid instead. I can't stand this phone. Last week it would just randomly shut off and reboot. Sometimes it just stops taking emails and the only way I know is when I go a whole day and receive nothing. The internet is slow, it drops calls very often, oh and did I mention I'm on my third phone. The keypad on my first phone stopped working and then the rolly ball that acts as a mouse broke on my second phone. Within one year I was on my third phone. I didn't drop it, damage it, or get it wet in any way, the phone just crapped out on me, twice. This phone makes me never want another smartphone but then I think of the beauty of the iphone. I've never had one person complain about their iphone, everyone who has them loves them. I didn't get the iphone or droid because I didn't think I'd need all of the extra features and the faster browsing, but it seems like both phones work better than the berry. Oh well, only another nine months and then I'll be done. Or sooner, that is if my dad cuts me off when I expect him too (January, can't wait {sarcasm}).
What is it about Apple, I mean did Steve Jobs make a deal with the devil or something? They come out with every awesome thing first. Their computers are the best, the developed the best cell phone first, and the best tablet first. That company eats, sleeps, pisses, and sweats awesome by the second. I think the geniuses behind apple's technology should be running this country, just saying. I mean these people produce the best product on the market before anyone else. How is that possible? You'd think that logic would mean that the competition would see the technology and then fix any errors in it. Then again, when there are no errors to fix what can you do. Steve Jobs for president, just saying (hope he's well now, I know he took a leave of absence due to his health sometime last year and it wasn't his first).
Back to unit planning, I just felt withdrawal from not posting in a day or two. I'm getting cold, maybe I'll go home and work out on my porch. That sounds like a great idea. I need to get outside and enjoy this beautiful day. Plus the AC in here is making my nose run. It's amazing how my tolerance for AC has gone down. I can't stand it anymore, looks like I'm destined for a lifetime of sweating. Or a lifetime of headaches in hoodies, either way. What if I wrote a book about people who get headaches due to AC and titled it headaches in hoodies? I just like the sound of it, probably not the most informative title but whatever. Sound off done, back to work...on a Saturday (frown).
I need Tony Horton's energy to keep up with your writing. Each and every paragraph is kind of like a little teaser about what you're thinking because clearly you can keep going about all of your thoughts. I agree about Apple, I'm addicted to their products, I'm getting a new laptop sometime this fall! Recycled air is bad for you which is why i'm with moving to an island with breezes or up north a little where it gets cool at night. Hopefully you won't turn into one of those snot blowing kids that needs an inhaler and allergy meds all of the time.
ReplyDeleteYeah I think an Island climate with a constant sea breeze would be perfect for me. I entrust you with the job of finding me a writing and/or teaching job on a tropical Island with temps between 75-85 degrees Fahrenheit all year round.
ReplyDeleteOnly if you let me vacation in your guest room.
ReplyDeleteI think I could finagle that.
ReplyDelete