Monday, August 15, 2011

Which Salander is More Badass?

What do you think?  Rooney Mara or Noomi Rapace, which actress do you think makes the more Badass Lisbeth Salander.  I'll have to wait for the American movie to come out to make my judgement but I think Rooney Mara is going to do a great job.  Don't get me wrong, Noomi Rapace was amazing and her role as Lisbeth really carried the Swedish movies, but I have a feeling that Ronney Mara is going to blow us away as Lisbeth Salander.  So please, readers, share your thoughts.  Who do you think looks more badass, Rooney Mara or Noomi Rapace.  I have two pictures of each below.  First is Noomi Rapace.


And now Rooney Mara Below


Let me know what you think.  In any case I love the books, liked the Swedish movies, and can't wait for the American versions.  Can you tell I'm obsessed?

4 comments:

  1. Seriously no opinions? Come on readers give me some feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody can compete with Noomi. Her personality as Lisbeth isn't simply playing a role. It goes deep into her as an actual person (as seen in her interviews....) and adds to her character in the movies. Hollywood ruins all foreign films.
    Rooney was a poorly selected actress, both in looks and her ability to act out Lisbeth at a realistic level that we can all connect with compared to Noomi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still lovin' the books though. I can connect with Lisbeth as a person more than anyone can imagine and it made me enjoy the books more. It just upsets me that hollywood would try to remake the Swedish hit movies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to check out the Noomi interviews. You make very good points, but I think both characters fall short of expressing Lisbeth's true emotional range. I think Noomi shows too much ambivalence and not enough hurt and heartbreak. Rooney has almost a superiority complex about her that I didn't see in the books.

    I have to disagree with you about Hollywood remaking the movies. I think that the Swedish films left out some important parts and characters. Although I appreciated the authenticity of casting Swedish actors, I thought some of them weren't very talented and/or didn't fit their roles.

    Thank you for your comments, and I'd love to hear more of your opinion on the books and movies.

    ReplyDelete