I'm really not looking forward to working tomorrow. For some reason I really haven't enjoyed work lately. It just seems so tedious, but hey you've got to pay the bills somehow. That's all I keep telling myself: It's not about the job it's just about the money. I try to make it as fun as I can but it's still tough at times. Oh well, what else can I do but keep moving forward.
So tomorrow and Saturday are employee appreciation days at work meaning I get 50% off anything in the store. Normally you'd think I'd go crazy but in reality the 50% doesn't change the fact that I don't have too much money to begin with. I'll likely look for a couple of things for a few people in my life who have birthdays upcoming and if there's time I'll buy a thing or two for myself. One item that I will purchase for myself is Adele's album 21 (and possibly her first album 19). I've been obsessed with Adele lately. Rolling in the Deep is my favorite radio played song so far in 2011. Off the recommendation of a friend I just watched her performance of Someone Like You at the 2011 Brit awards (I think they are sort of like the British Grammy's). It's an amazing performance I highly recommend watching it. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qemWRToNYJY. Check it out if you have four to five minutes to spare; if you like Adele and/or good music I guarantee you'll enjoy this performance.
I don't know why but I don't have a burning desire to buy a whole lot of books, cds, dvds, and other Borders products within the next couple of days. I mean sure it would be nice to buy The Town, Harry Potter 7 Part I (DVDs), along with the numerous books that I would like to add to my collection. Right now I'm trying to keep my focus which is to save money for student teaching. It can be difficult with such tempting offers from my employer but I must resist for the greater good. Plus with a couple of birthday's in the near future along with some other fun events I'll have to allocate my money in an intelligent way to the important occasions. Oh well; I have simple tastes. I personally would rather spend my money on others. Call me crazy but I have just about all that I need right now. Plus I need no further distractions to take me away from my writing, working out, and productivity. It's crazy how much my TV watching has decreased over the past year. I'm ok with it though, I mean with so much crap on TV I'd rather be productive than channel surfing. Looking back to the past couple of years things have really changed in my life. Change can be excellent, especially in my case.
I wish I were more clairvoyant about your posts. I tried to stay up for this, but I crashed and just missed the publication.
ReplyDeleteChange is good. Not too much too quickly that you alienate yourself from everything, but little changes over time make you a better person. Keeping evolving.
Very wise words from you today.
ReplyDelete