Right now I should be working on mu multi-genre guide for writing but like a good student I'm procrastinating. I'm feeling good about it though, plus I have tonight after class and all day tomorrow to finish it. It will be finished don't you worry. It may suck but it'll be finished. So today after I finished putting my unit plan together (such a relief) I did Insanity. Today was my second Fit Test (you do a fit test every two weeks to gauge your progress) and on all but one of the categories I improved. And in the one category that I didn't improve I realized that the first time I was doing the move incorrectly so I didn't even count it. Anyway I was happy to see that I improved in all of the categories in which I actually performed the exercises correctly. It's going to get so much harder once I get into the second month; I'm a little scared. Either way I'm really happy that I've stuck to it for two weeks now, six days a week. Especially through finals week. I'll just have to keep going with it until I get those results that I've been yearning for.
After Insanity and the obligatory shower that follows I sat down for lunch. I then thought about working on my project but instead the only thing on my mind was God Hates us All. All I wanted to do was read the book and it was so nice out so I decided what the hell. I thought maybe I'll just knock out 20-30 pages to appease my angst and who know that I would end up finishing it. And let me tell you Hank Moody's work of genius has quickly vaulted it's way up on the list of my favorite books ever. I highly recommend it for a quick, fun, and entertaining read. I already have on request from a friend to borrow the book. After she returns it (which she will even though she has a habit of stealing books; not this one) anyone else should feel free to borrow it.
It's crazy to think how close I am to being done; two more days. So excited for the feeling that will accompany 12:30 pm on Thursday when I leave my last final with a summer ahead of me and no more classes. I don't mind classes but after a while my financial situation couple with the schoolwork and retail obligations can become a bit much. It'll be nice to only have work with no school on top of it. I intend to get a lot done this summer on top of making and saving money. Besides starting and hopefully finishing a manuscript I intend to read a lot; especially the books that I'll be teaching in the fall. No worries, I feel like I'm getting better at speed reading. Hopefully I'll be able to knock out a couple of books each week. That's the plan at least, we'll see how it goes. I think I just need to focus on keeping up the fun quotient in my life this summer. Besides Israel and Florida I don't have any major excursions planned. I see some shore trips in the making. If people want to come I'll welcome that but if not I don't think I'd be opposed to a day on the beach myself. Sure it's an hour and a half drive but honestly I love the beach and I shouldn't be deferred from going by the absence of companionship. A day on the beach with a book in hand sounds like a good time to me. Call me weird but remember I am the guy who has gone to see movies by himself. Anyway, last couple days and then finished with classes, so pumped. Time to grind it out and finish my last project; tonight and tomorrow should be strenuous.
This keeps getting better and better each time I read it, mostly because you talk about me, even if you make e sound like a clepto.
ReplyDeleteI distinctly remember you telling me last night that you have a tendency/hobby to steal books from people; just sayin', to me that sounds like a book clepto. Just books though, nothing else.
ReplyDeleteI collect books.
ReplyDeleteBooks that you don't buy or receive as gifts. I believe they call that stealing.
ReplyDeleteJust the neglected looking ones.
ReplyDeletehaha well then I guess that legitimizes your thievery. Your Stowe free library idea is admirable. You'll be the Robin Hood of books; stealing from the privileged so that all (citizens of Stowe and surrounding towns at least) can enjoy your stolen literature for free.
ReplyDelete