Saturday, May 7, 2011

Second Wind

Totally should have posted yesterday but I forgot; oh well.  Now as I'm happily writing at a time that I'd normally be sleeping.  I wasn't going to go out tonight but then I decided to man up and do it.  My 8 1/2 hour shift at Borders really drained me and I was thinking about just coming home and passing out.  And then I thought about it logically:  When would I actually fall asleep? 1, maybe 2 am.  And by that point I might as well have just gone out and enjoyed myself.  It was such a challenge though; going out.  I had no energy at work and it was a struggle just to keep my eyes open.  It's interesting how my body works though because I notice if I power through a bout of tiredness (exhaustion is a more proper word but I like tiredness) eventually I get a second win to kick in and I'll be fine. As usual that happened tonight and by the time we made it out to manayunk I was wide awake.

Tonight was a really fun time because I introduced two different groups of friends and everybody got along well.  It's always nice when you can unite people into one big group and everything goes smoothly.  Weird night in Manayunk though; not a single bar was packed.  Friday night, week after finals, I thought the place would be hoppin'.  Especially because the weather's so nice now but hey I guess tonight was just an anomaly.  Maybe lots of people stayed home to watch the Flyers-sorry hockey fans, there's always next year. 

I actually had a really productive day from the start.  Woke up early and couldn't fall back asleep so I did some organizing, worked out, ran errands, and then went to work.  Wow this was a long day.  I'm four hours away from being awake for 24 hours.  Good stuff though, I love that even with school being over I'm staying productive.  I think that's gonna be one of my goals for the rest of my life: everyday do at least one productive thing.  Anyway I think my bed is calling my name.  More tomorrow my friends. 

4 comments:

  1. Okay so this my pre-comment to when you write something amazing today and then I can leave worthwhile and intelligent feedback. And now you know I read for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read every day, I didn't need a reminder of that haha. Now you put the pressure on my to produce a work of greatness; I'll have to get out the old thinking cap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's what writing buddies do. We push each other. Besides it's getting you one step closer to being published. Even Hank blogged for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha HElLA magazine here I come.
    Runkle: 'Have you ever heard of HElLA Magazine?'
    Hank: 'HELL NO'

    ReplyDelete