I have a super soar throat right now and I'm pretty sure I had a fever earlier today. I say this because I was walking around the mall with my family members and I found myself sweating. Mind you, the mall is air conditioned and I was in a t-shirt but for some reason I was perspiring. I have this mucous filled cough that is kicking my ass right now but I'm trying to ignore it and move onward. A new found friend suggested an orange juice remedy that I've been trying for the past couple of days and it has been working slightly. Otherwise I'm just on my normal regimen of sleep, warm blankets, tea with honey, and vitamins. My reliance on vitamins as opposed to medications makes me feel like I'm a scientologist. Oh well, although I may shy away from prescription drugs I don't believe that there's an alien in a mountain somewhere on earth or any other of L Ron Hubbard's teachings.
I finished Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas the other day and I wasn't very impressed. I'll have to ask my friend who recommended that I read Thompson if he has any other books that he recommends. I mean I like the style and the Thompson's voice I just didn't take anything out of a two hundred page drug and alcohol binge between a guy and his lawyer. Made me want to watch the movie but I tried to take something out of the novel and I found it difficult. I started a new book over the past couple of days titled The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan. It's a little kid book, aka YA fantasy literature. It's kind of in the Harry Potter genre. It's funny because whenever I check those types of books out at work my bosses give me crap asking me, 'When are you going to move up to the big boy books?' I'm sorry if the YA fantasy novels are just more interesting and fun reads but if I'm reading for leisure I'm going to make sure that I enjoy myself. I'm enjoying the book so far and hopefully I'll get through it within the next week so I can move on to a new book. So many books to read this summer and so little time, I'll have to pick up the pace. Who needs sleep right? Not this semi-sick author with a psuedo smokers cough-even though I don't smoke except the occasional hookah sesh.
I did my Insanity session when I got home from work tonight. I thought it would be way more challenging at night but I was surprised with my performance. My cousin and his wife came from overseas to visit so I didn't have a chance to exercise earlier today. Instead we ventured to the glorious metropolis known at the King of Prussia Mall. I didn't buy anything but as always I saw many things that I wouldn't mind owning. Oh how glad I am that I can exercise restraint from spending money that I don't have. I'd love to join them tomorrow when the venture out to the outlets but unfortunately it would just be another disappointment. I can't wait until I have a real job and money that I can actually spend on things that I want (I know I say that a lot).
Tomorrow night should be fun, I'll be going out with some old and new friends for a celebratory pre-graduation night for my good friend's girlfriend. It'll be nice to go out and it should be a change of pace being that we don't usually go out on Sunday nights. I'm excited for the possibilities. Now if you'd excuse me I need to go and rest so that hopefully this cough will be gone in the morning. Long shot but one can dream right?
Half peroxide half water. Gargle before bed.
ReplyDeletego out and have fun on a Saturday night. Not everyone should be in like me.
ReplyDeleteand thank you for the sound advice.
ReplyDeletei got home an hour ago. i can't feel my feet and i get eleven hours of free time before i have to go back. i'm staying in my comfy comfy bed with my two comforters and unlimited netflix. i can go out all next week. plus its really raining right now.
ReplyDeleteThunder!!!
ReplyDeleteTonight there was hail on my way to West Chester, so scary.
ReplyDelete